Brewer Fanatic

Former UW-Stevens Point hurler Zimmermann in Nationals rotation to start season

molitor fan

For guys who don't get to play as much growing up as a lot of others, simply due to the weather the level of play in the WIAC (which is mostly WI/IL/MN kids) is very good.

I've watched Zimmerman's minors career fairly closely and when he went up to AA last year and made an immediate impression I thought he might have a shot at the roster in DC this spring. Good for him.

And, yes, he's from Auburndale HS whcih was also attended by the Packers' Mark Tauscher. Rich Seubert of the NY Giants (he and Tausch were on opposing O-lines in last year's NFC title game), though not from Auburndale, grew up about ten miles from Auburndale as well.

Yes hes from Auburndale along with Tauscher which was already stated. In high school he just mowed people down. And yes Rich Seubert (who just so happens to be my brothers brother in law) went to the same grade school as I did in Marshfield although he is from Rozellville and graduated from Marshfield Columbus. And Marshfield had Gary Varsho and Adam Stenavich who is in the NFL also. Not bad athletic products in about a 15 mile radius.

I was 0-1 with a K in my 1 career plate appearance against Zimmerman when I was a senior in high school. They brought him in in the 7th when the game got tight and I quickly watched a fastball blaze past me, waved at another fastball as it pounded the catcher's mitt, then waved at a slider that started on the outer half and ended up at least 8 inches off the plate. That pitch was unlike anything I ever saw in high school. And he was probably only throwing mid-80s with his heater at the time. Professional baseball players are sick.

He's a great guy, though. Wish he was a Brewer.

cnycerveceros, you will get your wish. I live in Point and have been following Jordan's career closely. He was interviewed on a local station over the weekend and stated that we would get at least one, and probably two starts with Syracuse before being called up to assume the 5th spot in the rotation.

• 3 weeks later...
Good for Zimmerman... I played against him in the WIAC for a year and I would have never guessed that he would have moved so quickly. It doesn't really surprise me that much because not only does he have good stuff but he rarely ever makes mistakes down the middle. He stays on the edges with his fastball and mixes in a duece and changeup as well. I was 0-3 with a k and a walk in my career. The day I faced him he hit 94 or 95 in a blizzard like condition. He did come after me with a fastball but I fouled it straight back and I never saw a similar pitch the rest of the game. Anyway will be interesting to see how his career shapes up. Best of luck!

Picks up the Nationals 2nd win of the season making him 1-0. He went 6 IP, gave up 2 ER and had 3 SO. He struck out Chipper Jones and Jeff Francouer and sat between 90-94 and hit 95 multiple times.

He's a great guy, though. Wish he was a Brewer.
Me too. Maybe it will happen. Washington was the only team that showed interest in Fielder this past offseason.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Where did you read that X? I missed it.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived