Brewer Fanatic

2009-03-27 Brewers (Bush) at Rangers (Millwood): 8:05 PM CDT -- MLB Network [Brewers win, 7-4]

Mass Haas
Brewer Fanatic Staff

MLB Network Game!

Gameday Video /Audio Link for MLB Subscribers

Box Score / Gameday Link

Media Notes Link includes the following --

ON THE MOUND: Also pitching (subject to change) is RHP Carlos Villanueva, LHP Mitch Stetter, RHP David Riske and RHP Mark DiFelice.

MINOR DETAILS: Joining the team from minor-league camp is OF Caleb Gindl (#97), OF Lee Haydel (#96), OF Erik Komatsu (#91), INF Brett Lawrie (#99), OF Adam Stern (#90), INF Zelous Wheeler (#98) and INF Steffan Wilson (#93).

CF Tony Gwynn Jr.

LF Chris Duffy

1B Casey McGehee

3B Bill Hall

RF Brad Nelson

DH Mike Lamb

C Mike Rivera

2B Hernan Iribarren

SS Alcides Escobar

RHP Dave Bush

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Brad Nelson is one strong dude -- hopefully a three-run blast to left will spawn more in-game posts and discussion than this once the regular season begins.

I was hoping to see the real lineup since it is televised.

I kind of disagree, it's nice to get a chance to see McGehee / Lamb, Nelson (as just indicated), and maybe some of the minor league backups later on...

kind of disappointed that it's just the Rangers television broadcast being "carried" by the MLB network. All the stats lines are covered up by MLB network's bottom line. Kind of stinks. But it's the Brewers on television, so I shouldn't complain, I guess.

Nice to see them in the lead, but again it's spring training.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I did like the Rangers broadcast team last inning stick the old foot in the mouth. After commercial, it showed a hot blonde in the crowd. They showed her twice, after commenting that it must be a players wife, the analyst pipes up, "Oh, thats the Rangers team attorney!" All of a sudden silence in the booth....end of joke....change of subject.

6 2/3 solid innings from Bush, besides the two long balls which were the first two he had given up this spring which I did not know. I really feel good about him this season like he is going to have a real nice year. And you got to respect that beard.

Nelson is a beast, so strong. Look forward to seeing him pinch hit late in games this season and being the new Branyan.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I know this is a late post on this game, but I watched it and had a couple of observations.

How many pitches did David Riske throw? 15 to 20..somewhere around there? All but one of them were fastballs, and all the fastballs where between 87-89 mph. I was a little shocked at this.

Andrew Jones still looks completely lost at the plate.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived