Brewer Fanatic

I Need Opening Day Tickets!

jjkoestler
I know its a long shot, but I am hoping someone can help me out. A good friend just returned home from the Peace Corps and I'd like to surprise him with tickets.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I don't have tickets to offer, but I do have a couple pieces of info that may help you if you're trying to find tickets for as cheap as possible...

1) The Brewers just started an auction, today I think, for the Uecker seats. It is a Dutch auction, and they are selling 20 single tickets and 43 sets of 2. You just enter your max bid and the number of singles or pairs you would like to buy. They did this last year too and they sent out an email today, so maybe you already knew about it. Prices were already $12 for a single and $33 for a pair when I checked it out earlier. The auctions end on April 7th at 12 noon.

2) Last year, I walked by the scalpers' area before the game just out of curiosity to see what tickets were going for. It was roughly a half hour before gametime. One scalper was selling SRO for $30 each - about half of what it had previously been going for on ebay, stubhub, etc. Field outfield were for sale for $80 each, which is less than it had been. Before that, a scalper walking through the parking lots as I was tailgating, about 2-3 hours before the game, was trying to (illegally) sell club tickets for face value of $60 each.

3) Also, for some reason, tickets could become available that day at the ticket windows. It's a long shot, though, because last year they let everyone who entered the lottery buy any singles/OV that was left the day before the game through an online sale. So if you entered the lottery that is another option for you, although last year the system was overloaded and it was a mess.

4) Show up on gameday and, instead of buying in the resale area, find a drunk tailgater (hopefully a Cubs fan) who wants to stay outside and party and who will sell you their ticket(s) for some absurdly cheap price. With more than one person that may not be so easy to do, though.

I like the four step process to getting tickets...especially number 4! And it isn't absurd at all because at any game, including opening day, there are many people who would actually be HAPPY that you asked because they will sit out and party until about the 7th inning when they realize they should've sold their tickets to someone...

Option 4 has worked sorta in the past for my cousin. Some drunk people gave her her tickets for free while she was tailgating. I think because she was like 21 and pretty good looking that helped http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Not sure if you guys have been watching craigslist at all, but the prices seem to be coming down some, at least on some of the postings. I actually got tickets for saturdays game in Loge OF on the aisle for slightly under face plus a free parking pass

I've been watching, but I can't justify spending $100 + for a ticket. I think I'm going to head down to the stadium on game day and see what happens. I'm going to the T-Rats game on Thursday so I won't feel bad if I get shut out at Miller Park.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I've been watching, but I can't justify spending $100 + for a ticket. I think I'm going to head down to the stadium on game day and see what happens. I'm going to the T-Rats game on Thursday so I won't feel bad if I get shut out at Miller Park.
That might be your best bet. I have seen a few listings at just over face, but you really have to watch and be able to respond as soon as it is posted. If you go to MP of fri and don't manage to get tickets at the price you are looking for I am sure you could still manage to have a good time!

I already have tickets, but my girlfriend and her friend would like to go. Does the Keg ever open up extra tickets the day before or day of? I know that happens for sellouts at various events. I don't know if they ever do that for Opening Day though. That's something you could look into. If you do, please let me and others know!

Probably a long shot to get tickets at MP...but two years ago, while waiting in line at On Deck, which was March 29th?, me and my buddy went up and asked if there were any opening day tickets left. To our surprise they still had some. I would just call and check, maybe you will get lucky

I already have tickets, but my girlfriend and her friend would like to go. Does the Keg ever open up extra tickets the day before or day of? I know that happens for sellouts at various events. I don't know if they ever do that for Opening Day though. That's something you could look into. If you do, please let me and others know!
i am sure there are still some set aside for people who still order season tickets. i believe last year they offered those to lottery losers the day before.

i would be willing to bet some tickets are sold at the ticket office day of game...but probably only a handful if that.

Archived