Brewer Fanatic

This cop just frosts me. (Ryan Moats story)

DatHoser
I feel bad for the cop. Emergencies are emergencies, but laws are laws. It could have been handled better--that's for sure. As a teacher, everyone wants us to be firm...until dealing with their child. Aren't rules rules?
I agree to an extent. Reading the article without seeing the video it was a bit upsetting, but after seeing the video it slightly changed my view. I feel he was definitely in the wrong when he didn't allow Moats to walk away even when the security guard and nurse came out to let the cop know what was going on. The cop obviously had to pull the vehicle over; however, imagine how you would react after seeing seeing someone jump out of their vehicle after being pulled over. The cop had to make sure to follow procedures to make sure the passengers didn't have a weapon, and it must have been pretty hectic and hard for the cop to figure out what was going on. The cop should have drawn a line though at some point, including the "I can make your life worse" comment. It's a shame that Ryan Moats missed the death, as it was an important time in his life.

I feel bad for the cop. Emergencies are emergencies, but laws are laws. It could have been handled better--that's for sure. As a teacher, everyone wants us to be firm...until dealing with their child. Aren't rules rules?

While I understand your point, I don't think there's a single person here that thinks that he shouldn't have been pulled over for rolling through the light and probably even given a ticket, the problem/issues are coming from how the officer acted after he was completely aware of the situation and circumstances.

I think I'm probably rehashing the argument, but like PF says, 99 percent of us don't have a problem with him being pulled over. We don't even have a problem with him pulling the gun when he sees people pouring out of the car... it's every single decision he makes after that that sealed his fate.

Having said that, and as sickened as I was after watching the video, I will say that it's nice to see the accountability this guy is taking for it. He's not indignantly trying to fight it - he knows he screwed up and he's taking the right steps.

Archived