Brewer Fanatic

A little Casey McGehee Love!

RobDeer 45
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just think it's cool that he was born the same day as game 1 of the 1982 World Series.

Maybe it's a sign. Maybe Case McGehee is "The One" who will bring us back to the World Series!

And get 5 hits (like Molitor did in that game) or 4 hits (like Yount settled for).

I just think it's cool that he was born the same day as game 1 of the 1982 World Series.

Maybe it's a sign. Maybe Case McGehee is "The One" who will bring us back to the World Series!

I propose a new nickname for McGehee: Neo

• 2 weeks later...
What if he was just adequate as a catcher with that bat as sort of a poor man's Mike Piazza? It's going to be extremely interesting to see who ends up where. Will Weeks finally move to the OF? Will Hart move to CF? Will Gamel or even McGehee end up in RF? Will Hall end up in a platoon not at 3B but in CF? Who, if anyone, gets traded? Does McGehee's performance make them open to the idea of dealing Gamel and if so, who's the designated Fielder heir at 1B?

Those are all questions for the offseason... but we can only imagine where'd we be without Casey this season, being that he's pretty much negating the Weeks injury. I figure that Mcgehee has had a direct influence on the outcome of about 4 games, all this month:

June 3: 2-5, 1 R, 2 RBI, W 9-6

June 15: 3-5, 1 BB, 3 R, W 14-12

June 27: 1-3, 1 BB, 1 HR, 1 R, 1 RBI, W 7-6

June 29: 1-3, 1 BB, 1 HR, 1 R, 4 RBI, W 10-6

These are the games where taking away McGehee's contribution (Runs + RBI's - HR's) would have either lost or tied the game. Maybe someone has a better measure for where we'd be without Casey, but if Casey puts up four 0-fers we're tied with Houston at 3 games behind the cardinals, but obviously this doesn't take into account games lost from missed opportunities, or games won by maybe moving over a critical runner, and it also doesn't take into account what his replacement would be expected to contribute.

On another note, if you take away all the games where he got only 1 AB, he's hit safely in 17 of 18 games.

Archived