Brewer Fanatic

I want to be a morning person

sbrylski
I would love to sleep til even 9 AM everyday, but my responsibilities (and many other peoples) make me get up early.

Yeah, but there's a big difference between doing something out of necessity vs because you want to. Just waking up early in the morning when you have no other choice doesn't really make somebody a morning person per say. Many people prefer to get up very early everyday because that's what their body wants. I get up early to go to work every single weekday, but I still hate getting up early so I wouldn't consider myself a morning person. I would say, because of your statement that you'd prefer to sleep in, that you're not actually a morning person either, but rather somebody who does it out of necessity.

Anybody is physically capable of getting up early. I think what the original poster is looking for are ways that it can come more naturally and without the discomfort.

Get a puppy. Even after they develop some bladder control, the latest you'll sleep in is 6 am.
Or a child. I wake my daughter up at 7:15 every morning and then walk her to school. A nice walk wakes me right up.

Yeah, I haven't slept past 7 in the 4.5 years since my son was born. He's always up between 6 and 6:30. And I'll second the thought about staying off the Internet before bed. If I'm on the Internet before bed, it takes me forever to fall asleep. If I read a book or relax, I'm asleep right away.

I'm in college and I basically get up early because I want to get stuff done. Basically, I feel like I'm not gonna get much done when all my roommates are around between about 6 and 10 pm on weeknights. (Plus I have important things to do, like watch sports, during those times http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif ) So, I either have to get all my homework/studying done during the day, or stay up later doing it. I would rather just get it done, so I tend to do it during the day. Sometimes this means I get up at 7 or 7:30 even when I don't have class till 11am. Then, I get to bed by 11 or 12, as opposed to the 1-3 am that some of my roommates and friends stay up until.

If I didn't have schoolwork to get done I definitely wouldn't be up this early. On weekends and school breaks, I tend to stay up later and sleep in more, even if there is no real reason for me to change my daily schedule/routine. But I figure I might as well get up early when I have stuff I need to get done since I'll be getting up early for work the rest of my life.

Archived