Brewer Fanatic

Bleachers on Opening Day

Just got my 9 pack in the mail, my normal seats are in the Terrace Box, and I was sent Loge Bleacher tickets for the home opener.

If theres ONE place in the park I'd like to avoid, it'd be the bleachers on Opening Day. From what I have heard, its a big frat party out there.

If it's as bad as I've heard, I'm tempted to sell them. Since I know people here are baseball connaisseurs, I'm interested in some input. Are my assumptions way off?

Its the bleachers, its opening day and its vs the Cubs.

It will be chaos, I promise. hah.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

To be honest, OD will probably be a crazy frat party regardless of where you sit. From my experiences in the bleachers, though, it's fairly comparable to the 400 level tickets - you'll have your fair amount of drunk idiots, but also some nice people to sit and talk baseball with.

I have nothing to back me up on this but my impression as to why the 400 level was always full of drunken debauchery on opening day is because this is where the bars got their group tickets. As everyone knows, this year there are no huge bar groups so maybe that will help? I have sat in just about every section in Miller Park on various opening days and unless you are in the Family Section or sitting near the Doorman, most areas are pretty similar concerning rowdiness. I wouldn't expect the bleachers to be any worse than the majority of the stadium.

I was in the bleachers in 2006 and it was fine. It's opening day and it's the Cubs. Short of getting yourself into a luxury box, I don't think there's going to be any way to avoid the debauchery and commotion that is certain to occur. I go to a ton of Brewers/Cubs games at Wrigley each year, but this will be my first time seeing the match up in Milwaukee. I'm honestly terrified of what the crowd is going to be like, haha.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

this topic (or something similar to it) pops up every year around this time. Opening Day should be a special day. I know it is for me. But I have never attended a Brewers Opening Day (mostly due to the distance). I've attended several D-Backs Opening Days and it's been great. But their Opening Days are WAY different than Milwaukee Opening Days from all I've read and heard about and I'm not sure if I would enjoy a Milwaukee Opening Day unless I really splurged and got really great seats away from all the hullaballo.

To those that do attend this year, I hope all goes well for you and that you enjoy yourself. As I seem to read this every year, I'm putting the over-under of number of posts that say, "Never again . . ." or something like it at four.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'm in the same boat as you are Marc. I just got my tickets today and it's Loge Bleachers instead of Terrace Box. I was bumming at first, but then I saw row 1 seats 1&2 so I think I got very lucky. Normally I would avoid the bleachers during a Brewers/Cubs game, but since it's Opening Day, I think there will be a lot fewer Cubs fans there trying to ruin it for us all. It's always rowdy in the bleachers, but there should be less tension if fewer Cubs fans get in. Please don't sell your tickets to this one. We need as many Brewer fans there as we can get. Plus Opening Day is always a blast no matter where you sit.

Community Moderator

Last year in terrace 404 (all the way down the line), it was quite wild in the concourse--definitely a sight to behold when you're one of the only sober ones down there. The people sitting next to us were friendly but extremely hammered.

This year we got upgraded to 409 so maybe it gets better as you get closer to home plate.

Last year in terrace 404 (all the way down the line), it was quite wild in the concourse--definitely a sight to behold when you're one of the only sober ones down there. The people sitting next to us were friendly but extremely hammered.

This year we got upgraded to 409 so maybe it gets better as you get closer to home plate.

I was in 426 last year, and 419 the year before, and i have had no problems as of yet. This year, i'm in 424, i expect more of the same.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

I got my tickets today for my Terrace Box 9 game pack, Loge Bleachers like the others, I wasn't lucky enough for row 1, I'm row 15 seats 1&2 in 234. Now I just have to wait and find out if I can go... (Waiting for a phone call on a job interview I had last week, if I get a position I might be starting April 6th... if not it'd be May 4th... as much as I love the crew, I'd really rather have a job sooner than later)

I got my tickets today for my Terrace Box 9 game pack, Loge Bleachers like the others, I wasn't lucky enough for row 1, I'm row 15 seats 1&2 in 234. Now I just have to wait and find out if I can go... (Waiting for a phone call on a job interview I had last week, if I get a position I might be starting April 6th... if not it'd be May 4th... as much as I love the crew, I'd really rather have a job sooner than later)
I will be right in front you just over a few seats.

Also, I have had to start jobs when I had something coming right up. I am going to assume you get the job - just give them the heads up right when you accept & I haven't had an issue or even an odd question once.

Congrats on your good luck. I have a 9 pack (Outfield Field Box), but only got SRO tickets for opening day.... GRRRRRR the whole point of buying a 9 pack was for OD tickets! Oh well, i'll wise up next year, buy the 6 games i will actually make at face value, and then pay $150 for a good OD seat and still come out ahead.

You'd think the Brewers would reward fans who spent $1200 on a 9 pack with some decent OD seats. For those wondering, we bought the nine back in early january

Archived