Brewer Fanatic

Scott Podsednik

I propose that the Brewers trade Mench and Nix for Podsednik. Maybe the White Sox might accept this trade.

It would be kind of ironic if Brewers trade Mench to bring back his brother-in-law Pods, whom they had indirectly received from the previous Pods trade...

1) He's coming off the DL soon, so how healthy he really is is not known.

2) I don't think another outfielder is really what we need.

3) Not that I think Mench and Nix are worth all that much, but I'd like to think we could at least get something fairly decent (packaged with something else most likely) for something we need (LOOGY and a prospect? The next Cub scapegoat?)

Other than that, for sentimental reasons, I'd love to see Scotty in a Brewer uniform again. But I just don't think we really have a place for him.

Pass. Here are his stolen base percentages since his last year in Milwaukee:

84%

71%

67%

60%

Do we really want him getting thrown out on the bases to end a game in the playoffs? Also, he has no defensive value, so he doesn't help there either.

I'd much rather just stick with Mench.

Archived