Brewer Fanatic

A Chance for Koskie by September?

How quickly a hotshot rookie will make us forget. Especially since Koskie actually played less than a year for the Brewers so far. Maybe it would be easier for him to come back since he would obviously be on the bench when that happens. However, since he's missed so much time, he could be next to useless in the limited opportunities of pinch hitting in getting used to MLB again. An update from the Brewers on his status would be nice though.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I imagine that were Koskie be ready to resume baseball activities, we'd hear about it, not because he'd be in any position to help the team this year, but rather because that would be a heck of a story.

I assume no news is bad news for Koskie, who we last heard was still having trouble with everyday life. After what happened to Mike Coolbaugh (p092.ezboard.com/fbrewers...26.topic), I sort of hope that Koskie retires and recovers enough to have a normal life.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

Quote:
Does Koskie get a ring when we win the World Series?
You bet your butt he would! Even so, the effort to cut him down has only made him more powerful...did you really think Braun was doing this all on his own? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Quote:
and to piggy back on Brewcrew its not like there is any anamosity between the Brewers and Koskie or at least any that is public, so i dont see any reason for them not to give him one.

I can't go as far as to call it animosity, but I do remember a Koskie quote saying how his teammates didn't seem to understand what the problem was last year and he felt like he was being questioned about the validity of the injury. This was around the same time Ben Sheets said he was hurt by comments by teammates about his own injuries.

But I agree, I see no reason not to give him a ring. He's on the roster after all, just the DL. And don't they give them to everyone involved with the team these days. I know its at the teams discretion, but I can't see the Brewers not giving him one. I mean the Red Sox handed out nearly 500 (!) rings when they won it. Granted, they had been saving up for quite a while.

And while I veer a little further off topic, did anyone hear anything about a tiny little tiff in the Brewers clubhouse between Prince and Billy Hall? ( I put that in bold because I don't want to start any rumors).

My brother and I were at a game this weekend when he mentioned it to me. I hadn't heard anything about it. So I went home and looked around for something. The only thing I found was the following reference :

"Hall has donned what he calls his "Ultimate Warrior" costume for some workouts, a reference to the former World Wrestling Federation star. It led teammate Prince Fielder to chide Hall for not taking his rehab seriously, but Hall said it's just the opposite, insisting he was approaching his work like "a true warrior.""

I'm sure it was nothing, but I found it interesting that the article (on brewers.com, BTW here) came out the same day that Bill Hall wore the Prince Fielder jersey during the Brewers pre game warm ups. The same jersey he took off and spiked on the ground as he left the field (according to Brian Anderson).

These guys all seem so close, I was interested when my brother brought it up.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

they talked about it on FSN, basically Prince was ripping on Hall for not dressing like a ball player when he was out working in the outfield. They showed Hall walking out with in on and you could see Prince mouth "how the ---- does that fit you" and then just shake his head.

Archived