Brewer Fanatic

Macha considering Kendall at leadoff...

GormanHarvey
Considering we've been conditioned to Yost's style of treating players like they are made of glass, a new manager who holds players accountable is going to seem over the top. Yost had the excuse that the team was young and their confidence couldn't recover from a sit down or a lecture.

We have no idea if Yost held players accountable or not. He didn't pull them out of the lineup for poor performance and that is the way to go. The only thing players should be pulled out of the lineup for is lack of effort. Player performance over a few at bats is not predictive.

I agree Logan. When Hall stands at the plate and admires balls that land on the warning track turning doubles into singles or triples into doubles I consider it a lack of effort. Others had similar examples but I never saw anyone pulled the next game. Poor plate discipline led to zero apparent consequences also. I wasn't looking for Yost to call out his players in public but it would have been nice to see a sign that they were being held to some kind of standard.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Hall stands at the plate and admires balls that land on the warning track turning doubles into singles or triples into doubles I consider it a lack of effort.

I wouldn't call that lack of effort. I would call it a dumb move and maybe a reason to leave a player out for a few games. Maybe. I wouldn't pull a guy for something like that unless he does it with regularity. A couple times a year isn't enough to get to upset about.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Kendall's spring OBP: .226, by far the worst among all Brewer regulars.

Thankfully, we are not hearing much about him leading off lately. I have to wonder how patient Macha is going to be if on June 1st, Kendall is hitting around .200.

I really like Macha, but he is definitely nuts...he is also the anti-Yost in regard to handling players, which i think will work wonders for certain guys (Weeks), and will also ruffle some feathers. I think this will be the yhear that some guys have career years and others will go south in a hurry. My prediction is that the more mellow guys like Villanueva, Weeks and Hart will respond very well to the change in "perspective". I also think Haudricourt is going to have a nervous breakdown by June...he just is not equipped to handle this.

which i think will work wonders for certain guys (Weeks)

Why , because Weeks didn't try as hard with Yost? I really doubt a manager change is going to make any difference with Weeks. The changes in his batting stance that Svuem made may make a difference, or Weeks may have just finally put it all together. It isn't like Weeks has never had any success in the majors.

I blame Wang.

I agree with molitor fan, I think Macha will do wonders for Weeks. I think Nervous Ned had him wound right tight. Macha's calming influence and strightforward approach will let Week's natural talent just come out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

You Know, I think you know, you may be onto something you know? Either that or you know, Weeks is just miscast as a you know, leadoff hitter, you know. Perhaps, you know, Weeks should be hitting 3rd where that free swing can relax a bit, you know? Still don't know how, you know, that helps him in the field, but hey, maybe you know, Willie Randolph can help him there, you know? This I do know, this oughta be the last go-round with him having his job guaranteed at 2nd base.

This I do know, this oughta be the last go-round with him having his job guaranteed at 2nd base.

Not until we have a guy in the minors ready to start it isn't. I think we have Weeks through the end of the 2010 season. I think Taylor Green might be ready to go by then and Lawrie shortly after. Weeks if far form our biggest problem on offense.

I blame Wang.

Archived