Brewer Fanatic

Julian Tavarez on signing with the Nationals

MessiahRp

Haven't seen it posted here but this is hilarious (emphasis mine):

Attractive Offer, After All

By Chico Harlan
Washington Post Staff Writer

Monday, March 16, 2009; Page E04

The longer Julián Tavárez thought about the Nationals, they better they looked. The team first contacted Tavárez in November, inviting him to spring training on a non-guaranteed minor league contract. Tavárez said no.

He kept waiting. He played earlier this month for the Dominican WBC team, throwing 1 1/3 innings. But with spring training just around the corner, Tavárez was still very much unemployed. The Nationals called again, offering the same deal.

"Why did I sign with the Nationals?" Tavárez said on Sunday. "When you go to a club at 4 in the morning, and you're just waiting, waiting, a 600-pounder looks like J-Lo. And to me this is Jennifer Lopez right here. It's 4 in the morning. Too much to drink. So, Nationals: Jennifer Lopez to me."

Tavárez joined his new team on Sunday, and is scheduled to pitch for the first time in an intrasquad game on Tuesday. While Tavárez awaits completion of his work visa -- something that should require only a few more days -- he is unable to compete in games.

At least he has the guts to tell the truth. He could have sugarcoated it like Dunn did when he signed. Does anyone really think he is thrilled to be a National? I'll take blatant honesty over sugarcoating and walking around the truth any day.

What if the 600-pounder cuts him before the end of spring training? That would be priceless.
And when he is cut, I hope there's a quote along the lines of... "Yeah, well he just couldn't get it up. His fastball, he just can't get it up there anymore."

He's most likely to get just a little dry-humping, but ultimately will not get to go any further.

Even the Nationals are better off without contracting this kind of disease.

MODS: This is in jest, hopefully it's not too vulgar. Sorry if it is.

Archived