Brewer Fanatic

Where to sit in Minnesota

jeffy

Those seats look pretty good. In terms of the height would you say they were comparable to club level at MP or more like terrace?

I like how the seats in center are aimed at third base http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif

Kind of a random question, but does anyone know why they block off the upper half of those upper level sections out in the outfield? When i attended a football game there once, I sat in upper level seats up there that aren't even available for Twins games.

Kind of a random question, but does anyone know why they block off the upper half of those upper level sections out in the outfield? When i attended a football game there once, I sat in upper level seats up there that aren't even available for Twins games.
I always figured because it's too many seats for baseball. It really is a football stadium, modified for baseball. Why the Twins ever signed off on this design is a mystery.

Davego, you likely heard us doing the "Let's Go Brewers" chant so much that Grandpa (in the second picture) started chanting "Go Home Brewers" back to us.

That amused me. If he thought we were annoying, I wonder how he'd react if he were a Brewer fan when the Twins fans come -here-. I swear sometimes they can be as, or worse than, the rowdiest Cubs fans. Then again, my Saturday 20-game pack is in the bleachers, so I likely see the worst of everybody.

Went to the Saturday night game last year and sat in the LF bleachers, would highly recommend sitting there. Our group had an absolute blast. Planning on going back this year over the Memorial Day weekend for at least the Saturday game and possibly the Sunday game.

That's funny!

I was there when Manny pitched. Was pretty fun. Usually good games. I do not like the Twins at all (near my Cubs hatred) but I can at least respect their organization.

If I recall correct, the MET was owned by the municipality so the Twinkies didn't have much choice but to move to the Dome in 1982.

I ended up getting 5th row in left. Bought them for $20 each (and no service fees) by mail from a guy on craigslist MN. He had some in that area and also some higher priced ones in the infield area. If anyone is interested I can give his contact info via PM.

Where Jodo23 sat is the best, by far. I grew up just outside the Twin Cities and have been to dozens of games there. Down the 3rd and 1st base lines are terrible. You have to crane your neck, low rise angle so you're always trying to avoid people walking, and it's a long ways away. The outfield always sucks for baseball. Why do you want to look at the left fielders ass (even if it is Braun's?). You go to the game to see the pitches, the plays at the bases, etc. The outfield is filled with morons who don't want to watch the game. And in Minnesota, the morons aren't even fun, like they are at Miller Park. Very boring, sober, lethargic crowd the Twins have. The ONLY place to sit at the Metrodome is upper level behind home plate. Contrary what others have said, they are good seats, by any baseball stadium's standard. You're close enough to the action to see everything, and it's a nice view looking down to get a full view of the field. I've sat in just about every spot in the Metrodome, and the only place my dad and I sit are second deck behind home plate.

Also, why sit on the aisle? If the dude posts on a message board, I doubt he's getting up every inning to get a beer or take a leak. If you sit on the aisle, you have people constantly walking up the aisle, blocking your view of the game. Sit in the middle, where people aren't bothering you to get up all the time. If you get up in between innings to get a beer/take a leak, nobody will care.

You can just buy the tickets online the old fashioned way. Buy em early and you're pretty much guaranteed one of the first rows in any of say 6 sections between the foul lines behind home plate.

edit: Just read AZcheesehead's post. Are you serious? You would rather sit in left than upperdeck behind home plate? You're mental, dude.

I've been to many games at the Dome, and I agree with the people who recommend behind home plate, even if that means the upper deck. The rest of the infield will result in a sore neck. Any seats in the outfield will result in not being able to see balls hit to particular locations, unless you get in one of the first few rows.

As far as parking, I recommend either the Armory or a lot on Washington. Both locations are within a short walk and are about $10 (although I didn't get to any games last season, so prices may have gone up).

I was at one of the first series ever at the HHH. Brewers @ Twins in 1982. I was going to school just across the border at UW-River Falls. It was bright and shiny back then, a novelty. Now, everybody seems to trash it. I've seen plenty of Badger/Gopher games there. Many times it was 70 degrees outside, but there was a few ugly weather days where you were glad to be inside. I can hardly believe that the Twins are now going all outdoors, all the time. Have you ever been in Minnesota in April and May, especially at night. Bring your snowmobile suits, Twinkie fans.

Anyway, I would love to go to the Brewers game up there this year just to say that I was at their opening series there, and also the closing one. We'll see. It's on a crappy weekend where everyone will be on the road. Have you seen those Minnesota people drive?http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Archived