Brewer Fanatic

Anyone going to San Fran for the opener? (Merged: Information on AT&T Park)

JB
I believe they stayed at the Hotel Nikko two years ago at least...but I'm only basing that on the fact that I was walking through that area during lunchtime on the day they were supposed to arrive in town, and there was a pack of guys out in front there wearing brand-new Brewers gear, holding pens and cards and memorabilia presumably to be signed. I didn't stick around long enough to see if the team actually showed up there however.

Looks like tickets for Tuesday are still available through the giants website. I just typed in two best available and it gave me club level seats on the first base side in shallow right field. If you are looking to go to the game, i would recommend trying this out instead of dealing with scalpers. Unless you can find RayRay's San Fran associates and get tickets for below face.

Yeah, I'm still partial to Culver's as far as burgers go, but you've gotta have an In-N-Out double-double with some animal-style fries while you're here.

4x4, animal style, the hell with the fries. And yes, I'll give the nod to Culvers too.

As far as ballpark food goes, Garlic fries are like the Giants' version of a brat with special sauce at MP...something you gotta have while you're here.

If you've never had them, I would recommend the smallest order you can find and split them if you can. For me, garlic fries have a peak marginal utility of about 3. After that the law of diminishing returns takes over very quickly.

Two other hotels, not in that area but inexpensive with free parking if you have a car (which can be a $40 value or more), are the Cow Hollow Motor Inn and Chelsea Motor Inn. Clean, comfortable, right in the middle of the Marina district and lots of restaurants/bars within 3-4 blocks. They are on Lombard so easy to catch public transportation. This time of year rates are around $100 or less. I've stayed at both, and I can assume that their sister properties are just as good.

MoMo's across from the stadium is usually packed, but a good scene.

The Brewers have a work-out after the Giants-Dodgers game on Sunday. Thinking of going for the last few innings and maybe get to stay for the work-out. Might get kicked out though. Anyone interested?

Haha, I admire your ganas [/Jaime Escalanate], but I'm not sure I'd want to drop the bones for the Dodgers exhibition to hang around and hope I don't get the boot. I'll be getting my fill this week at any rate, I think.

You'll probably be able to watch through the back fence at the least--maybe catch a jack back there.

Have fun. I'm pretty psyched knowing the fellas are now in town and there'll be some ball in just about 60 hours.

This is an awesome thread. Lots of great info. I think it would be really cool to have something like this going for all of the stadiums and major league cities. This info would be great any time one of us was traveling to see the Brewers play.

AT&T is the nicest park that I have been to. (Both old New York parks, Fenway, Metrodome, Wrigs, US Cell, Coors, SkyDome, Busch I have to compare to.) Have fun. The views are outstanding, the bathrooms are accessible, parking is easy, the food variety is amazing, the beer variety is great, and the fans are pleasant. Have fun!

I'm adding Petco and Dodger stadium the first weekend of August. Hopefully, I can get some good advice.

Unless you can find RayRay's San Fran associates and get tickets for below face.

Who is RayRay?

One-legged ticket scalper at Miller Park. He basically runs the scene next to Helfaer or has his boys sell the tickets and run the money back to him.

If you need cheap tickets Ray Ray boys can handle it, but if you want those good ones they will refer you directly to Ray Ray.

It was pretty standard--as Gallardo/Parra goes, so go the Brewers, etc

He actually was on the Razor and Mr. T, but they were both out sick so the Giants' broadcast guy, Dave Flemming, did the interview.

Another media note (I guess you'd call it): Matt Vasgersian is in town and will be doing Thursday night's game on MLB. A nice familiar voice.

Not that I'm a weatherman, but looking at the current weather, it does appear that the current band of rain could be over within the next 2 or 3 hours and it appears that there is a window of no rain after that.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Not many Brewers fans out that I could see today in the park in general (I saw one guy with an 80s Molitor road jersey on the concourse and two guys on the train platform afterwards), although I could spot a few behind the Brewers' dugout.

I'll be back there the next two, hopefully we'll see a few more of our kind!

Archived