Brewer Fanatic

2009-03-15 World Baseball Classic Games... Braun leaves game with sore left side (reply #12)

1992casey

Schedule:

• Japan vs. Cuba (San Diego) -- 3:00 PM CDT -- ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, MLB.TV (Gameday)
  • Netherlands vs. United States (Miami) -- 6:30 PM CDT -- ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, MLB.TV (Gameday)
  • Mexico vs. Korea (San Diego) -- 10:00 PM CDT, ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, MLB.TV (Gameday)

Gameday links should appear on this page at or around game time:

2009 Tournament Schedule By Venue

To get to a Gameday page from the link above, look for an icon like this: http://mlb.mlb.com/images/icons/gameday.gif.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I love watching Cuba play.....

They have some great players, if the politics ever allows, I'm sure basically their whole team would be on MLB rosters

That Yulieski Gourriel I think would be a superstar.

But their down 4-0 to Japan right now.

I know Team USA has to let their players get their work in, but at some point you have to play to win the games.
No they don't! That attitude is insulting towards the other teams and the tournament. They deserve to be eliminated. The lack of seriousness in a tournament that is geared to US`s specific interests and gives team USA a number of advantages is ridiculous.

Well, as Randall Simon was batting for the Netherlands, the announcers saw fit to recount the Milwaukee "sausage" incident, complete with the amount of the fine and the name of the "victim." You can't accuse them of not doing their homework... I guess.

Speaking of Randall Simon, he snags a hard grounder and falls over but manages to pitch it toward home for the force. I don't think I've seen a throw like that.
Formerly AKA Pete

Is anyone else concerned that the USA took Braun out of the game late and pinch hit him with McCann and then had McCann play LF because they had no one else? When I saw that I got scared like Ryan left because of an injury or something. I hope I'm just over thinking.

Crap! He did leave with an injury. Link

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

We're about 45 minutes into the game and there's no Gameday link for the Mexico-Korea game. If members want to do a little more than usual in the play by play department, that's fine.

Right now, Mexico is up 2-1 in the bottom of the 2nd.

We'll obviously want to keep track of the Braun injury. Here's the link to the discussion in the Major League forum:

Braun Lifted in 8th of USA vs Netherlands Game. "Sore" Left Side

Mexico vs. Korea Gameday (also included in the lead).

The link still isn't on the schedule page, but I figured out that you can construct the link if you know all the right "codes." I got them from previous games.

gid=2009_03_15_mexint_korint_1&mode=gameday

The date and teams can be inserted into any other game's link. No, we don't expect you to do this at home. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived