Brewer Fanatic

2009-03-14 Dodgers (Kershaw) at Brewers (Parra): 3:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-3]

Mass Haas

Not to nitpick, but I think the game is actually at 3:05 CDT. The only reason I know is I am going to the game today and I had to doublecheck after seeing your post

I love this quote from Macha:

Macha was asked if he'd use the designated hitter Saturday against Los Angeles so the Dodgers could get some at-bats for Manny Ramirez in that role. Macha quickly said no. "We've got guys who are candidates for this team that are going to earn their way through an ability to pinch-hit," Macha said. "I want to see what they can do. We'd certainly like to accommodate everybody but the first accommodation is the Milwaukee Brewers." If Ramirez wants at-bats, Macha suggested: "Stand his (butt) out in left field. He can get as many at-bats as he wants. Isn't that where he's going to play during the season?"

Per the js. No Man-Ram today...

BREWERS

C Jason Kendall

2B Rickie Weeks

SS JJ Hardy

RF Corey Hart

3B Bill Hall

1B Mike Lamb

CF Lorenzo Cain

LF Brent Krause

LHP Manny Parra

DODGERS

CF Juan Pierre

C Russell Martin

RF Andre Ethier

1B James Loney

3B Mark Loretta

2B Blake DeWitt

LF Delwyn Young

SS Juan Castro

LHP Clayton Kershaw

Looking forward to another strong outing for Parra. If he can put it together this year to go with Gallardo who I believe already has it, could be a heck of a 1-2 monster this season and for years to come. Throw in Bush and Looper being consistent and tossing 200 innings and our rotation will be fine. Except for that whole Suppan guy.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Brewer Fanatic Staff

So who is Brewer left fielder Brent Krause, you ask?

From last summer's minor league transaction thread

ON THE MOUND: Also scheduled to pitch this afternoon (subject to change) is RHP David Riske, LHP Mitch Stetter, LHP Sam Narron and RHP Nick Green.

MINOR DETAILS: Joining the team today from minor-league camp is INF Michael Garciaparra (#90), OF Brent Krause (#98), OF Logan Schafer (#89) and OF Adam Stern (#88).

well, not a very good start by Parra today. I suppose he was due. Doesn't help that JJ threw away a double play ball, either.

Oh, well. It's only the first inning.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Bill Hall with a hit on the first pitch he sees this spring (in a game, that is.) Nice!

Oh, and a much better 2nd frame by Parra.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived