Brewer Fanatic

2009-03-13 Royals (Greinke) at Brewers (Gallardo) [Brewers win, 5-1]

1992casey

This is after the fact as there was no in-game thread started in time for this game, but Gallardo looked good and Fielder homered.

From the AP / USAToday:

''Seriously, that was the best pitch I've ever made that got hit over the fence. That was probably the only pitch today that I did exactly what I wanted to do. When I bunted and bunted it foul, I was like, 'How did you hit that?''' Greinke said. ''That pitch was everything I wanted to do. It just shows you how good of a hitter he is.''

Fielder, who told Greinke he was just lucky, laughed about the run-in down the line.

''I just reacted. He throws so hard you can't be looking for anything off speed and he's got a great fastball and it's all down. I was trying to just meet it. I got lucky that time. The next AB, he threw a changeup, same swing, perfect everything but I just missed,'' said Fielder, who finished 2-for-3. ''It's just how it is sometimes.''

Friday's Box Score

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

No, I don't believe it would have happened. In the same vein, I think we could probably restore Hank Aaron as the home run king by hiding any IGTs for games where Barry Bonds homered against the Brewers.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived