Brewer Fanatic

2009-03-11 Brewers (Bush) at White Sox (Buehrle): 3:05pm CDT [Brewers lose, 6-2]

Mass Haas
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Gameday Audio Link for MLB Subscribers (Brian and Bill, audio will also archive)

Box Score / Gameday Link

Media Notes Link includes:

ON THE MOUND: Also scheduled to pitch this afternoon (subject to change) is RHP David Riske, RHP Jorge Julio, LHP Mitch Stetter and LHP Chase Wright.

MINOR DETAILS: Joining the team today from minor-league camp is INF Brent Brewer (#96), OF Cole Gillespie (#98), INF Adam Heether (#88), OF Brendan Katin (#93), C Martin Maldonado (#79), OF Logan Schafer (#89), RHP Ryan Houston (#99) and RHP Juan Sandoval (#90).

2B Rickie Weeks

CF Lorenzo Cain

RF Corey Hart

1B Prince Fielder

3B Casey McGehee

LF Trot Nixon

DH Brendan Katin

C Jonathan Lucroy

SS Alcides Escobar

RHP Dave Bush

If 2nd half Bush shows up all year and throwing mostly strikes Parra shows up all year this is going to be a very solid rotation.
I would think that should be the Bush we see considerings that is when he told Maddux to stick it and went back to pitching the way he feels comfortable. And Parra can only be better this year I would think

He almost has to be on the team at this point. If he isnt on the team he will make for some interesting trade bait towards the end of spring.
Very true, but to me he fills a need for us so I would rather keep him and get rid of Lamb than trade him. I really like what he has done so far. Not once this spring have I heard the announcers make it sound like he even came close to booting a ball - whether it be at 3rd or 2nd - and I have heard at least part of almost every game

Nelson, Duffy, and McGehee have played their way on the roster for sure. Gwynn and Nixon haven't done anything to show they deserve a roster spot. Gwynn actually hasn't done anything at all.

Considering Counsell is a lock for one back-up infielder spot, there are 10 locks so far (8 starters, Counsell, & Rivera). Duffy is adequate to cover CF, Nelson is adequate to cover LF, RF, and 1B, Counsell for SS, 2nd, or 3rd; and McGehee for 3rd (Although I heard he played a bit of 2nd cbase recently), and Rivera obviously is the back up catcher. So if Macha wants to carry 13 position players, Nelson, Duffy, and McGehee have to be the 3 front runners. If he only carries 12 I think McGehee is the odd man out since we already have Counsell to cover 3rd.

Duffy seems to be the best outfielder on the team outside of Cameron at this point(minus Cain since he will more then likely be in AAA) and has to to be the 4th outfielder right now. Does McGehee splits work with Hall enough to sacrifice Lamb(tee hee) since Nelson could back up at first?

Can anyone tell me if Gameday is accurate during Spring Training? It sure looks like too many one pitch and done AB's for it to be correct.

It's accurate in the sense of giving the score and the play that happened. It's not accurate in terms of pitch counts.

Archived