Brewer Fanatic

2009-03-10 World Baseball Classic Games

1992casey

Schedule:

• Italy vs. Venezuela (Toronto) -- 4:00 PM CDT -- ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, MLB.TV
  • Dominican Republic vs. Netherlands (San Juan) -- 5:30 PM CDT -- MLBN, ESPN Deportes, MLB.TV
  • Cuba vs. Australia (Mexico City) -- 9:00 PM CDT -- MLBN, ESPN Deportes, MLB.TV

Gameday links should appear on this page at or around game time:

2009 Tournament Schedule By Venue

To get to a Gameday page from the link above, look for an icon like this: http://mlb.mlb.com/images/icons/gameday.gif. Using these pages should preclude the need for play by play in this thread.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

That game between the Dominican Republic and the Netherlands was amazing. Scoreless through 10, the Dominicans score a run in the top of the 11th off of an error. The Netherlands, who hadn't done anything offensively all night, looked dead in the water. However, they manage to score two in the bottom of the inning off of Carlos Marmol (ha!), who blows the game for the Dominicans. This has to be one of the biggest sports upsets in history.

This has to be one of the biggest sports upsets in history.
As I was explaining to my roommates - its like the St. Paul Saints beating the American League All-Stars. Twice in a row. (And almost beating the ~Cleveland Indians in between.)

the 2 DR-Netherland games were absolutely incredible. I'm sure it will go largely un-noticed, but it really is a historic upset and to do it twice in 4 days!
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Archived