Brewer Fanatic

MLB 2k9

WoW there are so many free agents because everyone signed late. Also there are so many "Non Real" players on the brewers. so i dropped them and was able to sign Manny, Hoffman, Derek Lowe, Oliver Perez, Adam Dunn, Eric Gagne, Ben Sheets, and Takashi Saito. and i still have money to play with. The brewers have a payroll of 128 mil. The game is So Not Real It's Lame.

I know that some of the minor league'rs will have fake names, but there way too many for this game.

My Lineup

C Kendall

1B Fielder/Dunn

2B Weeks

3B Braun/Hall/Gamel

SS Hardy

LF Manny/Braun/Dunn

CF Cameron/Hart

RF Hart/Manny

Rotation

Sheets

Lowe

Perez

Yovani

Parra

Here are the Non Real Players that make over 2 mil

SP Randy Carter age 47 overall 82 $ 22 mil (I thought in 2k8 he was Roger Clemens) why he is on the Brewers?

SP Jerry Bard age 29 overall 68 $5.2 mil

SP Joel Weis age 33 overall 72 $ 2 mil

LF Dave Alexander age 29 overall 65 $ 5.2 mil

SP Jake Jacobson age 22 overall 64 $5.2 mil

C Craig Cobb age 26 overall 63 $5.2 mil

RF Bryce Kent age 27 overall 62 $5.2 mil

2b Mark Good age 26 overall 56 $ 5.2 mil

As a Wii owner, this is my only option to fill my baseball game fix. I had 2K8 as well. Although it had issues, the actual game play was pretty solid. I was expecting the developers to put a little more thought into this years game. They didn't. Its almost an exact replica of last years game, except rosters are slightly updated. Some of the players you mention are minor leaguers, however, their salaries don't make sense. Jake Jacobson = Jeremy Jeffress. Craig Cobb = Carlos Corporan. Bryce Kent = Brendan Kain. Notice how their intitials are the same for the actual player. Also, Yost haters don't bother getting the game because he is still the manager and Macha isn't even available for hire.

In their defense, VC took over producing the game way late in the game--something like August or September--and, thus, didn't have the time to do all the work on the game that they wanted. Not to mention that they pretty much overhauled a whole lot of stuff. My guess is that this will be what MVP 2003 and 2004 was to MVP 2005--a precursor to a great game; they just have to get rid of all these bugs and issues. But otherwise, the game is pretty darn good. Sure, The Show is better right now, but maybe if you give VC the time to tweak their game, it will give Sony a run for their money.

I don't have a console but I did download the PC demo of 2k9 and played a demo game. It was fun, ran great, and I will probably buy it for the $20 price tag. It is definitely not worth the $60 on Xbox360 or PS3 but at $20 I can't go wrong since the PC hasn't had a baseball game since MVP 2005 (I'm not counting the college game EA Sports threw out a few years back.) I sincerely think that these guys are on the right steps and 2k10 or 2k11 will be very polished. I'm very amazed at what they got done in the little development time that they had.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I actually signed both ManRam and Sheets, and then proceeded to trade them. I traded Manny for Victor Martinez(an excellent catcher and much better than kendall), and i grouped up Soup and Sheets and traded them for Matt Garza.

So far, my rotation is pretty weak:

Yo

Manny

Garza

Bush

Looper

I'm thinking about maybe signing Pedro or someone to a one year deal, but i'll wait and see.

Also, Yost haters don't bother getting the game because he is still the manager and Macha isn't even available for hire.

Macha is the coach for my game.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

I've definitely heard mixed reviews on this for the wii so far, mainly relating to the fact that they didn't really upgrade from 2K8 (which I also heard wasn't that great). I've got Power Pros '08, so I've got a baseball game to play, but I was really hoping that this would get great reviews so I'd be compelled to buy it. Sounds like I might as well save the $50 and wait for 2K10 at this point.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

it's on fileplanet. I can't give a direct link from work so I'll edit this post later tonight when I'm at home.

edit: MLB 2k9 PC demo

please note that you don't necessarily have to register but it helps so you don't have to spend so much time in line. Also note that the demo is something like 1.4 GB (that's pretty large) and has fairly stiff PC specs requirements.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

So is that the general consensus - the Power Pro's is the best Wii baseball game on the market? I just bought a Wii and the first game I buy will be a baseball game. Also, this might be a dumb question, do the other baseball games play the same as the game on Wii Sports as far as how you pitch and hit? The Wii sports baseball is the only one I have ever played...

I got Power Pros on the recommendation of someone here and for the most part, I enjoy it. From the reviews i've read, it rates higher than the regular 2k series. The gameplay on it is much different than Wii Sports. I think yuo can use the wiimote in the same way for HR derby and maybe for exhibition (I haven't done either), but for the most part, you control it like you control standard baseball games. Pitch and hit with a push of a button. The graphics are cheesy, but they do a good job with replicating the features and mannerisms of each player it seems like.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

The only thing I didn't like about the original Power Pros was the inability to create a player especially since they didn't have Ryan Braun in the game at all. Other than that it was a really fun game.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I haven't played it yet but the review on IGN wasn't promising. It seems like the fear that everyone had with Madden after they got the exclusive rights to the NFL license is more of a problem with the 2k baseball series. They isn't anything new and the same game play issues are there year after year. Does anyone know when their deal with the MLB expires?

Yeah...I don't know why I buy this game every year, but I do. In 2 days my biggest complaint is that Angel Salome is listed as a 1st baseman and I can't edit to change him to a catcher! I haven't discovered any glitches yet, but I've only played the game a grand total of 2 hours since I got it...

At least there is a new PC baseball game and it is only $19.99 so you really can't go wrong with that price.? The only thing I hate about the 2K game is that all of the free agents want top dollar contracts.? After 1 year there are a few free agents but after a couple of free agency years there are a lot of good players available even ones from the year before.? Manny Ramirez is still sitting in the FA pool after one year.?

Here is a video I made of the 2 games that I have played so far.

I rented 2k9 last night and played 2 games. Initial impressions are mixed. It's good to play a baseball game anyway.

Some oddities;

1 - The announcing is smooth, but it's pretty dumb and makes a lot of mistakes. It seems almost any contact is called a hit by Gary. You often hear a routine fly called a hit, and not like, "that one is hit in the air to left" either, more, "and there's a hit.....caught by the left fielder." They pronounce Gallardo's name wrong. I'm pretty sure at the end of every inning they say, "and the Brewers are enjoying this lead." They treat the "excitement" of pitching a shutout more like a no-hitter, which is funny.

2 - The player models and batting stances/swings I think are pretty good, however, there are some weird things, especially with Fielder. His head seems far to tiny for his body, but the really weird thing, is when there is a play on the field, his model is totally the wrong size. He's like the smallest dude on the field, noticeably smaller than the guys running to first.

3 - I've seen a two fielding glitches, in two games.

4 - Its happened a couple of times where guys have gotten down the line in record time it seems. I've had some fairly routine ground balls where I wasn't able to throw the runner out, on what should have been a normal play.

Overall so far, it's been fun to play, I'm sure more oddities will reveal themselves upon further playing.

Played two more games tonight. Some more odd glitches.

There was a pick off attempt on Braun, and the first base ump signaled safe, the announcers said he was safe, but Braun still trotted off the field and I got another out.

Twice Fielder just wasn't on the bag. The throw wasn't off the mark, but the game didn't actually put Fielder on the bag, and they got infield hits.

Announcing is still goofy. Two games in a row, Phillips starts off by saying pitchers aren't afraid of the Brewers lineup as he's previewing the opposing pitcher, and then when he previews the Brewers lineup, he praises how its full of stars from top to bottom.

Finally played in Miller Park though and the crowd is nicer than most sports games I've played. They stood up in some key moments and booed the ump on close call pitches in high pressure situations.

Overall, I'm enjoying playing it, but glad I rented it instead of bought it.

Edit: I'm pretty sure you could stay in a rundown for about forever.

I found out today that the game has three stadiums that are domed all the time: Tropicana Field, HHH Metrodome, and Miller Park. There is no option to open the roof at Miller Park, but all other convertible/retractable dome stadiums have the roof open or have it closed on cloudy days.

That just bites.

- - - - - - - - -

Overall, I'm enjoying playing it, but glad I rented it instead of bought it.

Edit: I'm pretty sure you could stay in a rundown for about forever.

Go to youtube. One guy said he stayed in a rundown for 20 minutes. I guess it gets to a point where they throw it away or they drop it.

Archived