Brewer Fanatic

TTM (through the mail) Autographed Cards (Trade or info on how to get)

It is just the bad cell phone camera photo and the rig I have to send 11x14 photos. The photo is in a toploader with the front cut out so that the player doesn't have to take it out of the toploader. Just sign it and put it in the SASE. The top loader is attached to a piece of cardboard to protect it in the mail. The photo is a custom done by a photographer and memorabelia dealer in Marshfield. If anyone wants his info pm me.

"Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is." - Bob Feller

Follow me @BrewerMoose

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zach Braddock is my new Least Favorite Brewer based solely on his lack of concern over having a legible signature.

You've never seen Carlos Gomez's auto then :laughing

No I haven't seen it. . .though by your post, I'm guessing it's a scribble.

Not sure if modern players quite understand how short their careers are, and how quickly they will be replaced in the minds of fans. Autographs are one way for them to live on for years--especially for marginal players. But if they're making an illegible ink glob, who is even going to want that picture 5 years from now?

Look at that beautiful Mariano Rivera sig and then look at the slop made by Lucroy. Why wouldn't he want to make it better?

not sure how into this hobby some of you are but I thought I would pass along one of my latest projects. Most of the Miracle on Ice 1980 Olympic team sign really well ttm. You can pick up a set of cards on ebay for around $10. I believe I got all but 4 guys in under a month. Was a really fun project for what I believe to be the greatest team in the history of teams (and im not even a hockey fan).

I have thought about doing that with the celebration picture, I just have not had the time, ambition or money to start it. I am also trying to finish projects of the living members of the 1962 and 1966 Packers teams.

"Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is." - Bob Feller

Follow me @BrewerMoose

• 2 weeks later...
Got Ron Roenicke back yesterday 2/2.

Follow me @BrewerMoose

Provisional Member
In the past week I got T-Plush on 2 cards and an 8x10 as well as Wily Peralta and Dan Meadows on T-Rats DAV Cards from a couple of years back. All were in care of the Spring Training addy.

I'm hoping in the next week or two that I hear back from one Mr. Sabathia. I sent a ball to him last spring training, with the notion it's a one year turn around. We'll see what happens.

I never think to do much during TTM since all I would want is baseballs and I don't wanna take the risk of not getting them back. Maybe I should jump on that Mariano Rivera train though, his signature is incredible, and if I had to chooe he's probably my favorite Yankee.

• 2 weeks later...
Got brewer prospect Tyler Thornburg back on an '11 topps heritage minor league. bought a team set with the 10 brewers prospects to get signed this year.

Follow me @BrewerMoose

Got brewer prospect Tyler Thornburg back on an '11 topps heritage minor league. bought a team set with the 10 brewers prospects to get signed this year.

wow!

I mailed him some 8x10s last season, and never got them back...

When did you send it to him?

I keep hoping he sends back mine, but I'm sure they either found the garbage or his personal collection...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Sabathia hasn't signed for anyone since spring training last year.

Hoffman last success on SCN is 7/7/09 and even then he only signed a piece here and a piece there usually personalizing. He really hasn't signed ttm since march of 2006.

Thornburg has signed everything and anything this spring training. Looks like he signed nothing as a Timber Rattler. Maybe he never got that mail.

I'm gonna hit him up again once the season starts... If I sent it to spring training now, it might miss him.

I did however get Heckathorn back last year, and I sent he and Thornburg the same stuff, on the same day... They weren't Timber Rattlers when I sent it out, they had just been moved up. I gave them a couple weeks to get settled in, then I sent the 8x10s.

You just never know I guess. I'll try again.

I was just going to type the same thing as Brewers Super Collector. It may have just been Wisconsin that did not pass along mail. I have sent a few things to Wisconsin in the past and did not get them signed. Thornburg has signed a lot of stuff this ST. I would just sent to Huntsville where he is starting the season according to Twitter.

Follow me @BrewerMoose

After Thornburg got moved up to Brevard County last season, I sent the 8x10s there, not to the Timber Rattlers...

I never got them back.

I will try again this year and send them to Huntsville...

How many can you send and not be asking too much of them? I sent Heckathorn 3 phptos, and he signed all 3.

I think the most I have ever sent is 2- for most I say that three is the maximum. If they don't want to sign all three they will either not sign or only send a few signed back. Hope this helps. Good Luck! I will be sending a few to Huntsville as well...all depending on who is assigned there. Especially Scooter Gennett or Khris Davis.

Follow me @BrewerMoose

Brew City,

Was the "My First Brewers game" certificate something you made or purchased somewhere? I would like to do something like that for my son who will be going to his first game at Miller Park on Friday.

Formerly AirShuttle6104

• 6 months later...

I send out balls TTM. I don't send out often, but when I do its a lot.

This is what I've gotten back so far in the last week of 20 balls sent out..

Steve Brye

Greg Brock

Wilbur Howard

Jose Cardenal

Chuck Taylor

Danny Darwin

Jeff Huson

Rick Manning

Paul Mirabella

Bill Spiers

Jay Aldrich

Jim Kern

Sent out 14 more balls today.

I sent an 8x10 to Brandon Williamson after he was called up from the T-Rats, got that one back about 2 weeks ago.

Also sent one to Kaleb Cowart, got that one back last week. I sent this one out a long time ago, didn't expect it back, but there it was! (Took the photo of him when he was with Cedar Rapids at T-Rats stadium. Talked to him a few minutes before the game (really nice kid), he flipped a foul ball to my son during the game, so we took a photo, hoping to have it signed the next time they were in Appleton. By the time they came back, he had already been moved up, so we sent it to him...)

Archived