Brewer Fanatic

TTM (through the mail) Autographed Cards (Trade or info on how to get)

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably to no surprise, but I had wrote Mary Burns, Bob Uecker's assistant, and he will not be signing autographs again this season. Looks like he is done with all signings except the 5x7 cards at On Deck. I had just missed him last year as I sent him a rookie card (when I logged on SportsCollectors, the guy who sent the day before me got his back, I didn't get mine signed). I was attempting to get all of his cards signed eventually, and was also hoping to get the hardcover edition of his book Catcher In The Wry signed at some point.

My wife worked at the UWM Library for years, and she said she has never heard of an author who didn't want to sign their book. I am going to attempt to ask her if he will do autographs for a donation, I think getting his book signed would be a very neat piece as I don't know how many hardcover editions of his book exist, but they go for a good chunk of money through amazon (a beat up hardcover copy is $40, some as high as $500.)

Update: I wrote and asked if I included a donation to Brewers Charities if he would sign, and she replied "No – he would not. That will not make a difference. So sorry."

Oh well, guess I better start shopping eBay, and forget about getting the book signed.

If anyone has a Uecker 5x7 from this year's On Deck signed I would be interested in buying it.......

Or I would trade last year's 5x7 (which is signed) and throw something else in to get this year's signed card of him.

Archived