Brewer Fanatic

TTM (through the mail) Autographed Cards (Trade or info on how to get)

2% success rate. Rickey says Rickey doesn't sign for anyone that doesn't have $150 to give Rickey.

wow, 2%?

I'm surprised it is that high actually...That would mean he has actually signed for someone via the mail.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2% success rate. Rickey says Rickey doesn't sign for anyone that doesn't have $150 to give Rickey.

lol

wow, 2%?

I'm surprised it is that high actually...That would mean he has actually signed for someone via the mail.

Its really a lot lower than 2%, because there are so many people that sent to him that didn't record it as a failure. They're "waiting" for the autograph request to come back. Your better off saving the dollar in postage fees and try someone like Ichiro who does occasionally cherry pick a request to return. Its like playing the lottery.

Its really a lot lower than 2%, because there are so many people that sent to him that didn't record it as a failure. They're "waiting" for the autograph request to come back.

Couldn't you also say that he signed for some who also didn't report it?

Just sayin'...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Gamel is pretty tough TTM, but there isn't a very large sample on scn to work with. He's only 3 out of 17 reported there, but at least a half dozen were sent in the last 5 weeks or so.

If you have something easily replaceable for him to sign, I think I'd probably wait until the minor league season begins and send it to Nashville. Would others agree that it's too late to send to Spring Training addresses, not just for Gamel but for everyone? Even though it would get there on time, it's likely to be buried under a bunch of earlier requests. And who is to say the player will take their mail with them after they break camp.

No idea if Gamel signs through TTM, but during the week I was at Maryvale no one signed more than him, period. It was unreal. He would go down the first base line before the game and be the last one signing practically up to game time and he would be the last one out of the dugout after the game and pretty much sign until everyone that wanted his autograph had it. I really didn't even try for auto's because I'm not into it that much and I got his twice if that tells you anything. I did also get Cam's by chance and he has one of the sweetest sig's I've ever seen

Its really a lot lower than 2%, because there are so many people that sent to him that didn't record it as a failure. They're "waiting" for the autograph request to come back.

Couldn't you also say that he signed for some who also didn't report it?

Just sayin'...

You could, but I seriously doubt it. I could see sending to a signer like Doerr or Kell (RIP) and not reporting it. On larger sample sizes I usually go a couple percent higher for the people that don't record some of their returns .

got back cecil cooper, billy spiers and darryl hamilton yesterday

Wow--that must have been a fun trip from the mailbox! Great day!

I haven't done any TTM for the past year but I think I'll get back into it. My son and I are digging through some football cards from the 80s and early 90s and pulling out Packers and other cards that might be neat to have signed.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys - I have never attempted to get anything signed TTM, but I was at yesterday's game (4/29) in the 2nd row sec 121 and I would really like to get Yovani to sign my ticket stub after seeing a performance like that up close. I am not a collector at all really so I would greatly appreciate any advice/tips/suggestions those of you with experience with this kind of stuff would have on how to go about it. Thanks in advance!

Archived