Brewer Fanatic

TTM (through the mail) Autographed Cards (Trade or info on how to get)

Darryl Hamilton 1988 Fleer Update in black sharpie, and Diego Segui 1969 and 1970 Topps (Played for the Pilots, and while he has a 1970 Pilots (Brewers) card he was traded before actually playing a game with the Brewers).

The Hamilton return rate is basically zero since early 2011. Of the 13 requests sent, I'm the only one to get a return. BOOM!

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
Got Lyle Overbay and Mike Fiers back at the end of the season on 8x10s. C/O the team.

"Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is." - Bob Feller

Follow me @BrewerMoose

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Sending out a ton of letters tomorrow to ST. Anyone know if Gantner will be there? He's gone in the past, I have some cards I got at On Deck to get signed but missed em. His return rate isn't the best, but I don't really need more commons laying around.

2013 Jimmy Nelson Bowman in black, kinda faded at the end. These glossy cards suck for signatures.

4 Don Money cards all in blue. 2 1973's, and 2 1977. Also answered questions. Didn't expect this one back, it'd been out for close to a year now.

Doug Jones in blue sharpie on 1998 Topps card. Forgot to send in his Miller 25th Anniversary card. Technically that was his first Brewers card.

FWIW, I think that if you scroll down on the link below you'll find that a very sweet looking 1982 Brewers Police card is an even older card of Jones in a Brewers uniform.

http://offhiatusbaseball.blogspot.com/2014/03/brewers-police-cards.html

Are you including the Police Cards in your project?

I was thinking about it. I mean, they did exist, and for some players that's the only card they ever had made. I haven't dug that deep though.

I have a list of guys without cards, I should prolly start investigating the police cards. Thanks for the heads up!

Tony Fossas 1990 Topps in blue sharpie

Ed Romero 1979 Topps in fine blue sharpie (already signed by Ned Yost)

Felipe Alou 1974 Topps in black pen

Rick Auerbach 1972 Topps in blue sharpie

Jay Aldrich 2 1988 Topps Traded in blue sharpie

Jimmy Nelson Back 1/2 8x10s from ST.

"Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is." - Bob Feller

Follow me @BrewerMoose

Jonathan Lucroy back 1/1 on an 8x10

Follow me @BrewerMoose

Thanks! I'll try and post pictures one of these days. This has not been the best of Brewers ST for TTM. I'm 2/9 so far.

Follow me @BrewerMoose

• 2 weeks later...

To you autograph expert guys, is it worth sending Aramis Ramirez an 8x10 that I took while he was rehabbing with the T-Rats last season, or would it just be a waste of time and postage?

Also sent Taylor Williams an 8x10 last season that was never returned, and I still never got one I sent Tyler Thornburg almost 4 years ago, I think I can count that one as a loss...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

To those in the know, what are the odds Aramis Ramirez returns an 8x10 to me if I send one to him to be autographed?

I have a good photo of him when he played his rehab games with the T-Rats, and I'm wondering if it is worth the risk of postage to send it to him or not...

Also, what is the standard protocol when sending photos as far as number sent? Would it be uncool to send 2, or would it be better to stick with one and possibly improve the odds of a return?

Thanks!

In my opinion, you could send Ramirez 1 or 100 photos and none of them are coming back signed.

Ramirez never signs throught the mail. I'd see if he does a signing this season and mail it in there if you can't make it.

Archived