Brewer Fanatic

TTM (through the mail) Autographed Cards (Trade or info on how to get)

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been out of the game for a bit and could use some advice on postage. About how much does it cost to send two 8x10s out (with minimal backing) to ST? I'd rather just slap some stamps on than go to the post office.

Thanks!

I use a manilla folder cut to size to back my 8x10 photos. I use 3 stamps there then 2 stamps and a .$21 stamp on the SASE. Sometimes I get a postage due on my SASE, but not very often. I use a toploader with the front cut out and attached to cardboard for 11x14 photos or two pieces of cardboard with a window cut out of the top piece if I don't think the 11x14 will come back (I've gotten John Axford, Jonathan Lucroy, Ryan Braun, Wily Peralta, Barry Alavarez, John Kuhn, Donald Driver, and Randall Cobb using this method) I'm waiting on my Segura and Scooter from this year. I use six stamps each way on an 11x14.

"Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is." - Bob Feller

Follow me @BrewerMoose

He is a 70% signer on Sportscollectors.net. Now, obviously, with any TTM signature I have no idea if it is the real deal or not. But, it does match certified examples from sports shops. I post a picture later when I get home from work.

"Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is." - Bob Feller

Follow me @BrewerMoose

Jack Lind Miller Brewery 25th Anniversary in black sharpie

Dick Schofield, Sr Miller Brewery 25th Anniversary in black sharpie

Lance Rautzhan Miller Brewery 25th Anniversary in blue sharpie

Ray Krawczyk Miller Brewery 25th Anniversary in black sharpie

John Kennedy 1969, 1970 Topps in fine blue sharpie

Scooter Gennett back yesterday on an 11x14. The piece is destined to become a multi-signed piece. I want to add Lucroy, AmRam, K. Davis, Segura, etc. At least I knocked one out TTM.

Follow me @BrewerMoose

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Got Billy Jo Robidoux's 1986 Topps Traded card back after like 200 days. Also got back Frank Baumann's 1958 rookie card, he never played for the Brewers but we share the same last name, so figured why not.

• 1 month later...

Uecker 1963 Topps in blue pen. 10 day return. Gonna try to get a few more Uecker cards signed this season, but don't wanna send him too much stuff.

Sent out about 20 on Friday, so hopefully I'll be getting some back soon.

Hey guys

I didn't want to start a separate thread on this or go through 20 pages of material to see if this was already address but I just have a quick question regarding autographed cards. What is the best source to figure out how much an autographed card is worth? And is it only worth anything if you have a certificate of authenticity? I have an autographed Ray Allen rookie card that I got when I saw him at a restaurant a number of years ago. Obviously there is no COA but I was curious how much something like that might be worth. Any advice would help.

Others probably know better than me, but I don't think autographed cards are really worth much at all if you got them signed yourself. If the card is a designated "autograph card" that the card issuer got signed then that is a different story. But a lot of times, card collectors like to keep cards in their "original form," and since some cards come autographed already, a regular card that you got signed probably won't sell for that much over the original value of the card itself (and I'm guessing in some cases the signature may actually decrease the value of the card especially if there is no COA).

@Paul. There's a few ways you can go about this. eBay is always a good source to find out about prices. After a quick scan I'm guessing that 40-50 is a fair price on it. You can also go through PSA or Beckett and get it authenticated by sending it in. It will probably cost about 20 bucks or so to do, but A) It's authenticated, B) It'll bump the value 20 bucks. It's your call.

http://www.psacard.com/Fees/AutographCategory/basketball

Archived