Brewer Fanatic

TTM (through the mail) Autographed Cards (Trade or info on how to get)

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I handwrite all my letters which has a standard form that I use telling the project I'm working on. If I do have a memory of a particular moment in their career I'll share it. My project only uses balls, so I send May through October. Currently, I have 3 outstanding balls, all of which have real good return rates, but they do take quite a while.

I must have looked through the Brewers all time roster hundreds of times and am still amazed of players I forgot or never knew were Brewers.

I'm in the same boat as BCS. I go through and figure out the highest percentage rates, then I figure out their first Brewers card (that's my project). My letter is pretty much always the same. I ask what was the best teammate they ever had and who was the best hitter/pitcher they ever faced.

Sometimes I get a letter back, most times I don't.

BTW: Got Jerry Reuss back the other day after about a month or so of nothing. Card was pretty creased when I got it back though. Bummer since he threw a No No.

I'm in the same boat as BCS. I go through and figure out the highest percentage rates, then I figure out their first Brewers card (that's my project). My letter is pretty much always the same. I ask what was the best teammate they ever had and who was the best hitter/pitcher they ever faced.

Sometimes I get a letter back, most times I don't.

BTW: Got Jerry Reuss back the other day after about a month or so of nothing. Card was pretty creased when I got it back though. Bummer since he threw a No No.

Thanks guys. Bikeage, I think we may have talked about this on a different forum awhile back, but what do you do for guys that don't have a Brewers card at all? I can think of a handful off the top of my head. While I am not doing the autograph route for their first card, my son and I are just working on a collection of each guy's first card with the team. Some have been pretty tough to get if they played post Miller Lite card sets in '94.

Doc, I haven't reached that point yet. I just finished going through every player and looking up cards on COMC.com trying to figure out what their first card was. Using Topps as my tiebreaker for the 80-present cards. I'm hoping if I can't find one that a real company put out that they have a police card, but those are harder to come by these days with budget cuts, etc. I thought about just sending them an index card and asking to sign that. But a lot of players won't sign those anymore because of the possibility of identity theft. There's a guy on the Collector's Universe message board that makes these really cool cards with just the players name,team, and the game they hit their first home run. So something like that could be a good route to go down possibly.

Doc, I haven't reached that point yet. I just finished going through every player and looking up cards on COMC.com trying to figure out what their first card was. Using Topps as my tiebreaker for the 80-present cards. I'm hoping if I can't find one that a real company put out that they have a police card, but those are harder to come by these days with budget cuts, etc. I thought about just sending them an index card and asking to sign that. But a lot of players won't sign those anymore because of the possibility of identity theft. There's a guy on the Collector's Universe message board that makes these really cool cards with just the players name,team, and the game they hit their first home run. So something like that could be a good route to go down possibly.

Thanks Bikeage. That bit of advice about Collector's Universe is great for the Julio Franco card in a Brewers uniform dilemma, along with a few other guys. Keep us updated, that is a cool project.

I started creating a spreadsheet today and am about 200 players in for those that have cards. I know somewhere I have those 94 Miller Books, but I have no idea if they're at my mom's or dad's house. If I run across one cheap enough, I'll probably just pick it up. Seems like something available at the Gonzaga show auction.

I'm hoping tomorrow I can log the rest of them with my day off and get over to Gunderson's on Saturday and dig through their commons and see what I can get to send off. At this rate, might have Monday off too thanks to the cold.

Well, with two days off from school I was able to write up about 30 letters to mail out tomorrow. Majority of the players are from the 70's team. A few from the Pilots, and a handful from the 80's and 90's. I have cards for a handful of players that had solid return rates who have recently dropped off. I'm gonna check their status in a month or so and see if they've sent anything back to others that are waiting before I mail em anything.

Pretty good haul between Friday and Saturday!

Ted Kubiak 1970 Topps in black sharpie

Ted Kubiak 1971 Topps in black sharpie

Steve Kiefer 1988 Topps in black sharpie

Gary Sutherland 1977 Topps in blue sharpie

Don Bryant 1970 Topps in fine blue sharpie

Dave Baldwin 1970 Topps in black pen

Dave Baldwin 1971 Topps in black pen

John Gelnar 1970 Topps in blue sharpie (x3)

John Gelnar 1971 Topps in blue sharpie

Archived