Brewer Fanatic

TTM (through the mail) Autographed Cards (Trade or info on how to get)

I have started collecting autographed cards through the mail and am interested in trading extras along with giving and recieving adresses and succes info.

I currently have Tim Hardaway (heat, warriors, etc.), Tony Bennett (UWGB fame), and Bobby Bonilla to trade. I am willing to really take any autographed card in return as I am going to try and fill a whole wall in my basement with autographed cards. I know there are other forums on the internet to do this stuff but I thought I would try out this forum as I am on here 4 or 5 times a day.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if you are interested or not...

I have a ton of packer autographs from the super bowl winning season. (big names too, not just roster fillers)

Sigs are on superbowl trading cards issued after their super bowl XXXI win or on packer team set cards issued by Upper Deck and sold at Shopkos. Autographs were 100% aquired in person by myself at training camp, within 2 years after the super bowl win.

My needs are as follows:

2001 Hank Aaron SGA in the box.

2001 Jenkins SGA in the box. Don't want the one they sold, I want the SGA that is NOT in the clear packaging.

2003 Jeffrey Hammonds SGA Bobble in the box

2009 SGA bobbles, all except Trevor Hoffman. Including Braun (2), Kendall, Melvin, Suppan, the BRAT(2)

would also be interested in any Rickey Henderson stuff , he is my fav player of all time, so adding to my collection would be great!!!

Here are the packer autos I have: Some of the quality of the sigs vary, keep in mind, they were signing before and after mini-camps and training camps.

-Desmond Howard on a 1997 Edge Extreme card (packers uniform) great quality sig.

-Desmond Howard on a 1994 Upper Deck card (Redskins uniform) Really good sig quality, took his time with this one.

-Brett Favre 1996 Upper Deck Leaders of the Pack (this auto is not very clear, by far the worst one I have, but it is a Favre Autograph!!!)

-Dorsey Levens on a 1997 Battle of the Bayou Upper Deck Super Bowl card---perfect sig, one of my best!

-Antonio Freeman on a 1996 Upper Deck (packer set) sig in blue ball point, but clean.

-Andre Rison on a 1997 Battle of the Bayou Upper Deck Super Bowl card---nice quality sig, one of my best.

-William Henderson on a 1997 Playoff Brand card Superbowl Champions edition---nice sig, but not perfect.

-Santana Dotson on a 1997 Playoff Brand card Superbowl Champions edition---decent sig.

-Ross Verba on an Upper Deck Packers 1997-1998 season card---thick marker

-Frank Winters on a 1996 Upper Deck card (packer set) thick marker, but good sig.

-Craig Newsome on a 1996 Upper Deck Season to Remember card---really nice sig.

-Gilbert Brown on an Upper Deck 1997 card (packer set) signed as you'd expect him to sign, BIG!

-George Koonce on an Upper Deck 1997 card (packer set) great sig quality.

-Tyrone Williams on a 1997 Playoff brand card Superbowl Champions edition (auto not very clear)

-Tyrone Williams on a 1997 Upper Deck (packer set) thick marker, not the best sig

-Mark Prior on a 1996 Upper Deck (packer set) decent sig

-John Michels on a 1997 Playoff brand card Superbowl Champions edition---very clear precise sig with Rom 8:28 under his name

-Don Beebe on a 1997 Playoff brand card Superbowl Champions edition---nice sig

-Jim McMahon on a 1996 Upper Deck (packer set) Tough auto to get, he didn't sign many, I happened to be in the right place at the right time...

-Eugene Robinson on a 1997 Upper Deck Road to the Super Bowl Champions card--great sig!

-Doug Evans on a 1996 Upper Deck (packer set) great sig!

-Craig Hentrich on a 1996 Upper Deck (packer set)thick marker sig

-Adam Timmerman on a 1997 Playoff brand card Superbowl Champions edition---great sig

-Aaron Taylor on a 1996 Upper Deck (packer set)great sig!

-Ryan Longwell on an Upper Deck Packers 1997-1998 season card---thick marker but big!

-Keith Mckenzie on an Upper Deck Packers 1997-1998 season card---a little smudged

AND NOW FOR THE COACHES:

-Mike Holmgren on a 1996 Upper Deck Legends of the Green and Gold Card----Excellent sig quality.

-Sherm Lewis on a 1997 Upper deck (packer set) Excellent sig quality

-Fritz Shurmur on a 1997 Upper deck (packer set) Decent sig quality, a little thick.

and

-Ron Wolf on a 1996 Upper Deck Legends of the Green and Gold Card----Excellent sig quality.

also have these brewer sigs that I got at games all on 1997 Topps cards:

1997 Gerald Williams Topps

1997 Mark Loretta Topps

1997 Jeremy Burnitz Topps

1997 Jeff Cirillo Topps - a little blury

1997 Cal Eldred - Topps - Rom 8:28 under sig

1997 Jeff D'Amico Topps

I also have an extremely RARE 1997 Pinnacle Drew Bledsoe autographed card.

I got a card in a pack that year that said I had won an autographed card, and to send the card in.

4 weeks later I got the Bledsoe card in the mail.

Last time I checked, 5 or 6 years ago, it was valued at over $150, but not sure what it would be worth now-a-days... I think I remember them saying that there were only 25 of them, but I can't be sure about that, I have no proof.

Obviously I don't want anywhere's near $150 for it, just seeing if anyone was interested.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

BCBF--If you want to send me your address, I'll send you a few extras to get you started on your wall.

You probably already know this, but sportscollectors.net is the best $15 a TTMer can spend in a year.

I was thinking about sending Nieves a ball to have signed, possibly Pleasac too. Let me know what the turnaround on those are. I'm never sure about sending balls in the mail so I've never tried, and don't prefer to get cards. I know the best way is to send a padded envelope along with it, I dunno if sending a cube is a good idea, or if balls get smudged through the mail.

Anyone tried? Advice? Any players that haven't returned items worth noting?

How about we post successes here too? Would everyone be alright with that? It will keep a tab on who we have all gotten, I like the idea for this thread, here are a couple of mine from the last few days:

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv301/briannelson/Football/Autographed%20Cards/Picture111-1.jpg

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv301/briannelson/Baseball/Autographed%20Cards/Picture110-1.jpg

I was thinking about sending Nieves a ball to have signed, possibly Pleasac too. Let me know what the turnaround on those are. I'm never sure about sending balls in the mail so I've never tried, and don't prefer to get cards. I know the best way is to send a padded envelope along with it, I dunno if sending a cube is a good idea, or if balls get smudged through the mail.

Anyone tried? Advice? Any players that haven't returned items worth noting?

Nieves is about 35%, but one of his recent successes has been a ball. Some of the successes in the past were suspect though. They didn't look like his auto. It was believed his son was signing.

Plesac is in the 60% range. He's been hit or miss lately. If you want to send I'd send to the MLB network.

All I send are baseballs..ROMLB balls, so I need a very good success rate before I'd send. If you use a cheap ball it might be worth the chance. You can pick up Nieves balls on ebay time to time fairly cheap. He does some signings every once in a while. I had a White Sox fan get me one at their Winter Warm Up type event the Sox' offers.

Billy hall fan, thats the kind of stuff I was looking for and would like to make this forum into. Additionally I have been sending out more than one so trades would be cool and would help save a little on some postage if people get doubles. I am suspect of doing so on other boards but Ive never had even one issue doing business on here. I will keep everyone updated on success and turnarounds too.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone have an address for rickey henderson?

I would bet his return rate would be pretty low.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived