Brewer Fanatic

2009-03-07 World Baseball Classic Games

1992casey

Schedule:

• Japan 14, Korea 2 (Tokyo) -- ESPN2, ESPN Deportes (Gameday)
  • Canada vs. United States (Toronto) -- 1:00 PM CST -- ESPN, ESPN Deportes, MLB.TV (Gameday)
  • Italy vs. Venezuela (Toronto) -- 7:00 PM CST -- MLBN, ESPN Deportes, MLB.TV (Gameday)
  • Netherlands vs. Dominican Republic (San Juan) -- 10:00 AM CST -- ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, MLB.TV (Gameday)
  • Panama vs. Puerto Rico (San Juan) -- 4:00 PM CST -- ESPN, ESPN Deportes, MLB.TV (Gameday)

GormanHarvey reports that Nelson Cruz started for the Dominican team today and singled in his first AB.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Here are two more Gamedays:

Netherlands vs. Dominican Republic

Canada vs. United States

I've edited them into the lead.

Gamedays can be popped up from this page as they're made available:

2009 Tournament Schedule By Venue

They should make it easier to focus on discussion of the game rather than play by play.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Braun makes an out and still runs the pitcher.

To be fair, he ripped the ball, just right at Teahen at 3rd base. After seeing the HR given up to Dunn and another ball pounded, the Canadian manager had seen enough.

What's the deal with the advertisement behind home plate at the Rogers Center? Whenever a player steps in front of it, it looks like he's standing in front of a green screen.

Not trying to be facetious, but it's . . . probably a green screen. Many parks use them to rotate ads on TV screens.

What's the deal with the advertisement behind home plate at the Rogers Center? Whenever a player steps in front of it, it looks like he's standing in front of a green screen.

That's because he is. A lot of those ad boards are green screens. Take a look at it next time you go to Miller Park. Nobody would allow that kind of ad directly in line with the pitcher's eye.

I figured so much. It makes sense, I've just never seen it before or at least noticed it as much.

EDIT: I remember in the mid nineties the Brewers being the first team to use this type of advertising behind homeplate, but I never noticed a switch to digital/green screen ads.

Archived