Brewer Fanatic

2009-03-07 Cubs (Zambrano) at Brewers (Suppan): 2:05pm CST [Brewers win, 2-0]

Mass Haas
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Well, there's video available today with WGN in Chicago (available in many locations nationwide) and for PC/MAC subscribers, MLB.TV, which will also archive the game.

If you're driving around town, it will be Cory Provus and Bill Schroeder on WTMJ (Bob Uecker is away at a funeral today).

Your Box Score / Gameday tabs can be found here.

Lineups and minor league bench notes should be available a bit later.

It figures that the first nationally televised Brewer game coincides with the USA WBC game. I'm thinking I'll watch the first 3-4 innings of the Brewers while not missing any Braun at bats and then switch over to the WBC permanently, while switching back to the Brewers during WBC commercials. I'll need a prepared plate of nachos and a minifridge of beers. Should be a good afternoon of baseball.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Media Notes:

CONGRATULATIONS!: To RHP Todd Coffey and his wife, Nikki, on the birth of their third child, Harrison Todd, who was born this morning back in North Carolina.....the youngster weighed in a 6 pounds, 2 ounces.

ON THE MOUND: Also scheduled to pitch this afternoon (subject to change) is LHP Chris Narveson, LHP R.J. Swindle, RHP Carlos Villanueva and LHP Chase Wright.

MINOR DETAILS: Joining the team this afternoon from minor-league camp is RHP Matt Ginter (#92) and RHP Ryan Houston (#99).

Suppan looked pretty good today, I thought. He had the change up working and it seemed that the breaking ball was really moving well, too. Good to see.

Classic defense by Soriano on the Hardy triple and Zambrano (?) on the throw into right field.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived