Brewer Fanatic

Manny Parra

Community Moderator

I believe Dunn's option is voided if he is traded, just so you know.

Then I stand completely corrected. Ryan- I'd imagine after the option is officially picked up, he can no longer void it.

I'm just not sure how to quantify the risk in any given case. I'd like to know more about how to set the odds on pitchers, given the timing, nature, and severity of their injuries.

That's the (multi)million dollar question. You'd think shoulder, then elbow would be 1 and 2 on the list of concerns and injury severity. No idea how to quantify it otherwise. I guess it's a situation where I'm much more comfortable going forward with a guy like Sheets who while labeled injury prone, has had problems with inner ear and his back rather than someone with elbow or shoulder issues, even if they're a couple years removed from them.

keep parra.

at least until you have another lefty that can hit 96 mph.

keep him in AAA this season.

move a starter in the offseason, and allow parra to compete for a long reliever role next season. Yo, Villanueva, and Parra to slug it out for a starter slot and 1-2 long reliever slots seems pretty wonderful to me.

I should probably bring this up in the Adam Dunn thread, but I found this interesting because it answered a question here...Adam Dunn's Option Scrolling down, you see that Adam Dunn gets a no-trade clause (until June 15th) if his option is picked up. Something that throws a big wrench into any trade talks. As Bill Simmons would say, Good Times.

Archived