Brewer Fanatic

Matt Wise Retires

jjkoestler

I found this on MLB Trade Rumors. I always liked Matty, but he never was the same after he hit Pedro Lopez.

Reliever Matt Wise Retires

By Drew Silva [March 6 at 6:22pm CST]

More retirement news. According to Adam McCalvy of MLB.com, Matt Wise, who pitched last season for the Mets, has also decided to end his baseball career.

The 33-year-old threw for several clubs this winter, but none offered a contract. He played in the majors for eight seasons and will finish with a 4.23 career ERA.

(added link --1992)

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Stay away from those salad tongs, Matty.

I always enjoyed Wise when he was a Brewer and wished him the best when he left. He always seemed like one of the good guys.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Brewer Fanatic Staff
NYChez[/b]]Wise was one my top 5 list of guys least likely to be on PED's.

But wouldn't Paul Byrd have been on that list as well? In other words, no one is above suspicion. Sorry about the potential thread hijack.

Best wishes, Matt -- enjoy the family.

Archived