Brewer Fanatic

2009-03-05 Australia (Moss) at Brewers (McClung): 2:05pm CST [Brewers win, 10-5]

The Brewers site says "Listen LIVE for free exclusively on MLB.com as the Brewers host Australia's Classic team." Anyone get this to work? When I clicked the link, it brought up the different purchase options.

The Brewers site says "Listen LIVE for free exclusively on MLB.com as the Brewers host Australia's Classic team." Anyone get this to work? When I clicked the link, it brought up the different purchase options.

I have it streaming but I subscribe to the MLB audio package so I can't say if you can for free or not. I ad to log in

Was that supposed to be in blue? I'd rather have a Gamel play (and all the errors) then McGehee, after all you know that ball would be can of corn if it wasn't in Arizona.
Actually, it wasn't supposed to be in blue, and I disagree that I'd rather have Gamel and his 40 plus errors at 3B for the 2009 season. I'm not saying McGehee should be the everyday 3B, but a platoon with Lamb would be more valuable than Hall or Gamel everyday.

Somehow, the notion of "Australia vs. Brewers" makes me think of Bart Simpson:

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/page/knifey-spoony-6582.jpg

Australian with Spoon: You call that a knife?

[the man pulls out a spoon[/i]]

Australian with Spoon: *This* is a knife.

Bart: [confused[/i]] That's not a knife, that's a spoon.

Australian with Spoon: Alright, alright you win. I see you've played knifey-spoony before.

Sorry, carry on. Go Brewers.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Actually, it wasn't supposed to be in blue, and I disagree that I'd rather have Gamel and his 40 plus errors at 3B for the 2009 season. I'm not saying McGehee should be the everyday 3B, but a platoon with Lamb would be more valuable than Hall or Gamel everyday.

I'm not so sure about that. I'm not saying Gamel is ready, but I really don't want a Casey and Lamb platoon. I'm hoping Hall 'finds it' or at least keeps it warm until Gamel is ready. If he's hitting like he hit last June, Gamel will be up pretty soon.

Good to see Kendall's mechanics are still looking good. If he can repeat his defense from last year that will end up being a great signing even though I think Melvin got lucky on that one~.

Nick Green just continues to throw up zeros. Could he be playing his way on to the roster?

EDIT - BA just said they have to keep him in the majors, so I'm guessing he'll be making the roster.

Well he isn't a Rule 5 so technically they don't have to keep him in the majors, they have the option of assigning him to AAA but he would have to clear waivers. I don't know what the odds are of that happening is though. I don't see a spot for him in all honesty, but if some of our pitchers don't get healthy soon I guess you never know.

COunt me in the camp as being content with a Lamb/Counsell/McGehee platoon for at least a portion of the year if Hall and his contract are traded. With Hall on the team there really is no place for him to go though.

Braun went deep for team USA in an exhibition game today vs. the Phillies (off Antonio Bastardo...it 's too bad the Phillies train in FL, I would love to hear Uecker get to call an inning with that guy on the mound...Joe Winklesas anyone?). I don't really care about the WBC, but I'm excited to watch Braun take some hacks on Saturday.
I am not Shea Vucinich

Nick Green just continues to throw up zeros. Could he be playing his way on to the roster?

EDIT - BA just said they have to keep him in the majors, so I'm guessing he'll be making the roster.

I just studied Nick Green's profile on Baseball Cube, and he could potentially be a stimulus package for the tenuous Brewers rotation. I know my package was stimulated. And I even had to look at your nauseating avatar beforehand.

It turns out that the Brewers won, 10-5. Here's the Haudricourt blog entry for today's game.

I'm sure that the lack of in-game coverage had to do with the opponent. The game isn't even listed in today's scores at USA Today.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Green was first added to the Angels' 40-man roster in November of '07, meaning he has two options left.

Really liked this waiver pick from the get-go. Nice job, Brewer pro scouts...

Archived