Brewer Fanatic

New Yankee Stadium photos

This is likely off-topic (maybe not, considering how this will make the rich richer), but here are some pretty sharp photos of the new Yankee Stadium.

Looks pretty nice, although not much nicer than most of the new stadia opened this century around baseball. A vast improvement over the old place though, which was the most charmless and least pleasant of all the old classics, in my opinion.

I think that gray stone facade is bland. Every building in DC is like this....makes for a colorless, emotionless landscape. Give me brick any day.

What's with the guitars hanging from the ceiling? Are the Yankees the Center of Rock Roll too?

I was going to make fun of the inclusion of this toilet pic... but it does singlehandedly prove the place is nicer than Wrigley Field! http://img4.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/3548/3548774efcb07ab39a4f20447d47c690573c80b.jpg

(I'm assuming they all just flush every toilet in the place at the same time?)

Yep, happens every time they open up a really large building. I think they found that some pipes at Miller Park were connected wrong when they did the same thing eight years ago.

I'll be in New York next week, and I definitely will try to make my way up to the Bronx to check out the exterior.

The private boxes and team offices look spectacular. The seating bowl reminds me of a blend between the old stadium and Petco Park. Agreed with Brian -- well done and very classy.

I think they paid to much for a stadium that doesn't even have a roof.

My blanket statement is that all stadiums being built should have a retractable roof. However, in the case of the Yankees and other teams in large cities where they can fill a stadium from the local population, you can get away without having one. In the case of the Brewers or the Twins where fans are often much further from the ballpark, it makes no sense to build without a roof.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I am sure all the luxury amenities will be really nice, but the field and seating bowl are nothing special. The ballpark looks like a slightly enhanced version of US Cellular Field in Chicago. It doesn't really have much scenic charm. I know they wanted to keep a resemblance to the old Yankee Stadium, but I am personally underwhelmed.

Maybe I might feel otherwise if I get to see it in person.

I am sure all the luxury amenities will be really nice, but the field and seating bowl are nothing special. The ballpark looks like a slightly enhanced version of US Cellular Field in Chicago. It doesn't really have much scenic charm. I know they wanted to keep a resemblance to the old Yankee Stadium, but I am personally underwhelmed.

Maybe I might feel otherwise if I get to see it in person.

I thought the same thing. I guess a billion dollars doesn't buy much these days. I am sure the national sports media will dub it the 8th wonder of the world.

It always blows my mind looking at pictures or walking around places like that. I am in the profession of facility maintenance and every time I mount something remotely expensive or important I get really nervous. Can't imagine the pressure of mounting some of those classic baseball artifacts. I also wonder how many pairs on unmentionables did the person charged with mounting, say the Mona Lisa go through.

Archived