Brewer Fanatic

Bobby Abreu

Another option at CF could be Bobby Abreu.

One major league executive said there's "a pretty good chance" that the New York Yankees' Bobby Abreu will draw interest from a National League team this month, assuming the Yankees are willing to pay a significant portion of the $10 million he's still owed.

sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumo...=mlb,38418

If Yankees were willing to eat most of his contract would you go for him?

I don't see Abreu coming here and helping. He had one hot streak all year, and has been showing a decline in skills for the past couple of years. He can still walk with the best of them but his ability to hit and hit with power are fading fast.

Living in New York I get to see Abreu play alot. He is completely washed up. The guy can barely get the ball out of the infield and plays an absolutely horrible right field. The only thing he does well is draw walks but we already have a guy like that in Gabe Gross who is a far better athlete and outfielder than Abreu. Abreu is absolutely the last thing this team needs.

The only thing that would scare me about Abreu would be hius reputation as a cancer within the clubhouse. I am of the firm belief that our chemistry within the clubhouse is a big reason that we are doing so well. However, such was also said about Carlos Lee and he seemed to be a good contributor to the psyche of the young ones. And the guy does get on base at a prolific level.

Archived