Brewer Fanatic

Arod to have surgery

I actually don't want to trade Hall. I have a good feeling he is gonna have a bounce back year. And I'm not sure how I feel about a McGehee/Lamb platoon at 3B. I don't really want Swisher or Cabrera. Maybe Ian Kennedy, but I doubt they part with him for Hall. All speculation at this point.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I like that the conspiracy theorists are already saying this is a suspension, eerily similar to Clemens sitting out April and May in 2006 and 2007.
It does seem a little too perfect, given the circumstances -- and with the Yankees probably not wanting the steroid thing to overshadow the opening of the new stadium. But I guess it's possible that it's just a coincidence.

Tom Verducci has a really interesting point at the end of his latest column. .

"Only three third basemen age 33 or older ever managed more than two seasons with at least 150 games: Brooks Robinson, Pete Rose and Mike Schmidt."

The column was a reminder about the age of the Yankees and how they are relying on Posada, Damon, Jeter, Rivera, Matsui AND A-Rod--all guys whose age make it likely that they'll spend some time on the DL, or playing at a diminished level.

To think that the Yanks have this guy under contract for NINE more years is just terrific.

The Yankee drama is wonderful. It fills the offseason with so many emotions. . .from high comedy to angry shouts of the unfairness of it all. . .

If we trade Hall, who would play 3rd base for us? I want nothing of a Lamb/McGehee platoon.
Yes, it would be ugly. But I do believe we could hang on enough to make a trade by late June if we could unload Hall. Remember, he is not that good either.

So it looks like he will be having surgery, and will be out 6-9 weeks. Plus, if I understand correctly, even if he does get through the rest of the season, he will have to have a second full blown surgery in the off-season. Sounds promising for a 33 year old with 8 more seasons on his contract, huh?

Great article summarizing the situation: http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=525506

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

So A-rod is gonna have surgery that will clear up most of the problem. Then after the season he'll have another surgery to finish it. Sounds risky. Love it. Can't have enough of that "win now attitude!" Go Yankees!

Archived