Brewer Fanatic

Arod to have surgery

Its probably just a small ploy to get attention off of his steroid use. Maybe after an extra month people won't be so hard on him.

I am only half joking.

It seems like Bill Hall would be a decent fit, but would they be willing to take his last two years for essentially one month of full time duty in the beginning of a season? I find that doubtful.

After the 1st month Hall would be basically useless for the Yanks. Jeter and Cano are entrenched at SS and 2B and their OF is crowded enough as it is.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

As much as Kennedy would be a nice young, bottom of the rotation type of guy for the Brewers, I have to agree that the Yankees would want no part of that type of deal. Hall pretty much has a negative value right now. We would have to throw in a guy like Cole Gillespe for them to even consider taking on Halls contract and giving Kennedy in return.

Their only realy option currently on their roster is Cody Ransom. So I would say not really
I saw Angel Berroa as another option on their current roster. I'm not sure if he's on their 40-Man, but he's in camp with them. If ARod is only going to be out till May 1, I don't think acquiring someone is all that necessary. That's only 3 weeks of games. But he's going to be out till June, that's a different story.

I missed him. Gammon's said he gets the sense that May 1 is a best case scenario type deal. He said that he thought it would be longer. At least that's what Stinky Pete thinks.

You gotta wonder if this isn't some karma comin back to get A-Rod...

Is it a sign that when I saw this story break on ESPN, my first thought was "How long is he out and is it possible to trade Hall to them?" ... and then I came on here and saw that Olney and Gammons are thinking the same thing.

If Hall could be moved... I think we are getting a Braun situation all over again if Gamel can recover quick from this slow spring start. Lamb/McGahee = Counsell/Graffanino and I think we would only put up with that offense for so long... cause we are going to need to score runs this year.

I would literally pee myself if Hall was traded to the Yanks. I just can't imagine they'd be that dumb though. Unless Hall for Igawa (bad contract for bad contract) and something else.

It would benefit the Brewers if they could move Hall's contract especially if they got young pitching back. A Lamb/McGehee platoon isn't scintilating, but it's probably as good as the 08 Hall/Counsell platoon that ended the year and it's temporary. McGehee is a solid defender, and his minor league numbers suggest he won't be overmatched by major league pitching. He's probably capable of hitting .250, with a little power. Lamb's had some very solid major league seasons.

Look Gamel's going to stay at 3B. Don Money will be his manager for the 2nd straight year. He made strides last year defensively under Money who was one of most consistent of all time. If he's stroking it like he did the first half of 08 in June, he's going to force his way into the big leagues unless he regresses defensively to his 07 form.

Even if Gamel falters, there is still the lingering log jam at SS that has to be resolved sooner or later. I think Hardy would be more receptive to a move to 3B than to 2B, but that's just a hunch.

Hall was a bit overpaid last year, but he was nowhere close to negative value. His defense was pretty valuable. Hall for Igawa would be terrible. Hall for Swisher would be better. I don't see the Yankees giving up Stewart for Hall.

The Yanks have to be furious that this became news because A-Rod's brother spoke to ESPNDeportes. That's not exactly the way most announcements reach the masses. Plus they have already banned cousin Yuri from being around the team. A-Rod is too stupid to control his family.

As for the Bill Hall talk, if the Brewers can give him up just to get out of that contract, I'd be happy. A grade D prospect in return, just to make it look better.

I agree. Salary relief is one thing, if it makes it easier for the Brewers to make a move mid-season, but Hall's contract is not that horrible. I know he'll probably never have a season like '06 again, but I would say the chances are good that he'll have a better season than last year. Maybe I'm naive, but I think he could bounce back quite a bit this year. He's in great shape and seems motivated to prove the doubters wrong. I wouldn't trade him just to get rid of him. He still has value.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Actually it sounds that 2 months maybe a minimum now and the Yankees are now talking aboue taking the Brewer approach (go day to day for a month and then have surgery). So what 3b are available?

Mike Lowell--If it wasn't the BoSox this would make sense, but its worth $9m to the Sox to hurt the Yankees.

Melvin Mora--Makes some sense and the Orioles likely would move him if he would waive his no trade clause

Scott Rolen---His salary makes him available

Adrian Beltre--As much as USS Mariner keeps pretending that an expected 75 win team has a chance, he's likely the most available and makes the most sense. (Beltre for Swisher+?)

Archived