Brewer Fanatic

Stardom suits Braun just fine (MLB.com article)

ELCABALLO45

I am a huge Miami Hurricanes fans even though I lived in WI my whole life. I played D-3 FB with some guys from south FL so I was down there on spring break a couple of times. When people see me wear Canes clothing they make comments about the football team. I tell them they're okay but I am a bigger fan of the baseball team. About half the people have no clue they have a baseball team!!!

I also saw his 1st game at Miami on Fox Sports FL. I probably saw him play 40-50 games on the dish during his college career at Miami. I've been to Omaha the past 9 years so I was lucky to see him play in 2003 and 2004(he was limited to a DH role because of injury). It was just a dream that he'd play in Milwaukee some day. Last year at Omaha I was able to talk to Miami's coach, Jim Morris about him. He said "Ryan is a geat guy, very intelligent, and self confident". Last fall I was able to email Coach Morris and he said he was pulling for the Brewers to end their playoff drought and that he was talking to Ryan frequently. I thought it was pretty cool a D-1 baseball coach would take the time to respond. Maybe college baseball coaches don't have the egos that most of the football and basketball coaches have.

It was cool to see Yount, Molitor and Ganter playing when I was in my teens. To me though the coolest thing has be Miami Hurricane Ryan Braun as a Brewer, not just the player, but the person.

I love Ryan Braun. That is all I can say, dude is just awesome in every facet. Even though I would agree those shirts are a little loud, still cool he dabbles in other things. But we all know is main goal is to be the absolute best on the field. And in only 2 years of playing he has put up numbers only matched by guys that are in the HOF or on their way (Pujols). That says a lot about a player. When he signed a 7 year deal to stay here in Milwaukee at what will basically be under value is just shows he wants to play and not worry about that stuff.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I actually saw this article while waiting for a buddy to pop online to play Major League Baseball The Show 09. I love the feed reader in that game cause if you're waiting you can get team-by-team news.

Anyhow, I also have a huge man-crush on Ryan Braun. The thing that really scared me about the article was his love of Derek Jeter. I am just afraid that in seven years when he's up for free agency he doesn't want a change of scenery to the Big Apple to try to fill those shoes. It seemed like he idolized that kind of attention. I admit he handles it well, like Jeter, but I hope he doesn't want a bigger spotlight. Let's make it same-city for your career Brauny!!!

Archived