Brewer Fanatic

Braun WBC Number?

panthernick
I ordered a WBC Braun tshirt jersey off of amazon.com with the number 8 on it yet the Brewers website has "official" jerseys with #51 and the official roster lists #18. Anyone know what number he is wearing? I find it also perplexing because no one on the USA roster is listed as #8. Any ideas?

Watching Team USA's exhibition game against the Yankees yesterday, Braun was wearing #18.

I don't know which coaching staff members are wearing what numbers, but didn't Davey Johnson wear #8 during the Olympics?

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

A buddy of mine wanted to get a Braun shirt or jersey so I actually went and emailed Haudricourt about it to see if he knew what number Ryan would wear. He actually went and asked Braun about it. He requested #8 but the Team USA hitting coach got #8 so Braun asked for #18 and will in fact wear #18. I saw a picture of him from the Yankee scrimmage online somewhere and he was in a 18 jersey.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Is it like basketball where guys dont wear their regular numbers and the numbers are kinda pre-determined by position? Outfielders 10-20? Kinda like the Dream Team, Jordan wearing 9, etc. Or do most guys have normal numbers?

Basketball numbers aren't assigned by position, the restriction is that only numbers 4-15 are allowed in FIBA play which means most players can't wear their NBA numbers. That leads to a lot of weird numbers in the Olympics and World Championships. Sometimes a player will get their normal number (Carmelo Anthony got his #15 in Beijing and Jason Kidd got his customary #5 (though he isn't wearing that with his current NBA team because Josh Howard has it)) but often they aren't able to, even if they usually wear a number in that range (Dwight Howard was #12 during the 06 Worlds but for some reason he switched numbers with Chris Bosh for the 08 Olympics).

heres a pic of braun in the #18 from CNNSI photo gallery

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0903/mlb.baseball.classic.team.usa/images/opi6-8411-mid.jpg

and here is my photoshopped version of the ocho.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/pepsimax23/opi6-8411-mid.jpg

Anyone know where you can buy the WBC Braun shirt? I found one on ebay but its a Medium, Id rather have a large. I also only want it if its legit (Aka his number is 18)
Kohls has them for $25 (Blue USA shirts with BRAUN 18 on the back. Saw and bought one today during my lunch hour.
20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Anyone know where you can buy the WBC Braun shirt? I found one on ebay but its a Medium, Id rather have a large. I also only want it if its legit (Aka his number is 18)
Kohls has them for $25 (Blue USA shirts with BRAUN 18 on the back. Saw and bought one today during my lunch hour.
Thanks for the heads up 20fry. I will have to get one.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived