Brewer Fanatic

2009-03-03 Rockies (Smith) at Brewers (Gallardo): 2:05pm CST [Brewers win, 8-6]

Mass Haas

Yo sounds sharp, Hart is red hot, and I am really looking forward to the 2-fold payoff of Kendall getting a little more rest this year. I think it will be very beneficial to him and I like the idea of Rivera getting more AB's - the guy can hit!

McGehee playing catcher is really trying to force himself onto the roster, hitting HRs tends to help too.

I am pretty sure he is playing 3rd today. Kendall is catching. Maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention as to if he previously played C.

I guess if you are going to try to steal home you might as well do it in Spring Training. I can't really fault Rickie without knowing the exact situation. At least he got a hit.

Gallardo had one heck of an afternoon.

3 IP

5 K's

1 H

0 BB

With Prince Fielder batting, Rickie Weeks caught stealing home.

Can someone explain this one? Was it an attempted straight steal? Was it an almost wild pitch but he didn't make it home?

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

With Prince Fielder batting, Rickie Weeks caught stealing home.

Can someone explain this one? Was it an attempted straight steal? Was it an almost wild pitch but he didn't make it home?

The ball bounced and hit the catcher, then Prince which in turn kept it much closer to the plate than it should have been. At least thats what Rock and BA said

McGehee playing catcher is really trying to force himself onto the roster, hitting HRs tends to help too.
I am pretty sure he is playing 3rd today. Kendall is catching. Maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention as to if he previously played C.
According to the box score on mlb.com, Rivera is catching and McGehee is playing 3B. McGehee has played some catcher in the minors, though he'd only play there in an emergency or otherwise weird circumstances on the Brewers.

I think the Casey (sp?) in McGehee's name is causing confusion. GameDay says Mcgehee, C, 3B. I mistaked that as catcher also. But then I noticed that Hart also has a C, next to his name. I don't know why only those two have their first letters listed.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Villanueva is struggling...they are hitting a lot of balls hard. Plus, I agree what's been said about Kent. He's been a good soldier through 25 years, but thank goodness it's just spring training.

According to the box score on mlb.com, Rivera is catching and McGehee is playing 3B. McGehee has played some catcher in the minors, though he'd only play there in an emergency or otherwise weird circumstances on the Brewers.
Oops I meant Rivera. Not sure what I was thinking there. I am starting to like McGehee. Not a long term solution by any means but if we able to unload Hall someway somehow I would be comfortable with him platooning at 3rd (I know small sample size).

That being said the Crew is by far a better team if Hall turns it around this year

Nixon with a 2 run shot! 8-6 Brewers

Nice way to break the slump.

Immediately after Lorenzo Cain legs out a triple down the left field line.

A triple down the left field line? That is pretty impressive, unless the LF fell on his behind or was just being Manny.

When they said "left field" I kind of did a double take, but they repeated themselves, and they couldn't be THAT wrong, could they?

Anyway, game is over, 8-6 final for all of you who are waiting on the tortuously slow box score to update. It ended on a DP, Escobar to Irribarren to ....uh....whoever was....playing..first base. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif Scott Thorman, I think?

Archived