Brewer Fanatic

Looper might open on DL

No big deal. Probably makes it between DiFelice and Dillard for Looper's opening day roster spot and it keeps McClung stretched out. I think they are well served if McClung makes 10 or so starts prior to September. That way Macha has the option to replace a struggling starter down the stretch assuming they are in the mix.

so much for it being not a big deal on Saturday (that's what Cory P. said during the broadcast on Sunday, I believe?). Hopefully, it's just something small. Didn't John Lackey have a similar injury that put him on the shelf until May 1st or so last year?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Side note. I know Gagne's not 100% and Riske is still recovering from surgery. Could we put both of them on the DL to start the year and give them some time to rehab in the minors while we see if some of our other bullpen arms have anything?

i wish I shared your brewecrew. Obliques seem to be an injury that takes forever to heal. The thing about that type of injury is if it isn't fully healed before the player comes back it can hamper the player all year. Read the JS this morning and they seem to be taking a properly cautious approach. Good to see. i don't care if he misses a start of two early if it means he can put this completely behind him after that.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I've had problems with my obliques more than once. It just seems like it takes forever to heal because it doesn't bother you doing normal activities. It bothers you sleeping or if you rotate your trunk. The other funny part is that 2 weeks into it, it seemingly doesn't get any better. But by about the 3rd week, the pain dissipates rather rapidly and usually within a full 3 weeks, it's completely gone. The key is not trying to do much. I'm sure he can do some soft tossing but he should avoid letting loose and taking full swings with a bat until it's gone.

If Gagne is hurt on opening day, I doubt the Brewers will want to waste a major league salary and 40 man spot by keeping him around.

If it's something minor, I'd keep him around. They'd look pretty foolish if Gagne's helping some other team from May on, because he wasn't quite ready in April. Gagne isn't some guy who's been a marginal major leaguer his entire career. With all his troubles in 08, he was still very useful down the stretch.

Archived