Brewer Fanatic

dtv reception

bando1234
I need some help. I have 2 TV's that are dtv ready. Ones located in my bedroom & one is located in our living room. Pre February 17th I had no problems getting digtal stations. The only one I could not get was NBC in my bedroom. Well the big day came & everything was fine until I came home from work. I recieve PBS fine on both TV's. According to the DTV website I should get 5 stations just fine with out any problems. I have tried different indoor antenas, I have tried repositioning my antennas. I have tried rescanning at least one time per day. I have called the local stations(who figured it could be the area I am located). I called the DTV hotline, who told me this is early into the transition just keep rescanning everyday & by June 12th they should come in. I have tried aluminum foil on the end of my antenna. I tried amplified & non amplified antenna. I have tried flat multi dirctional and rabbit ears. I know a few others with this same problem in my area. I just dont understand why it would work pre 2-17 & not after. Im afaraid I am going to have to get an outdoor antenna. Any suggetions?

Did you try a converter box? My parents have 2 32" LCD tv's that both are supposed to have built-in digital tuners - one tv gets all of their locals without a converter box. The other didn't get any until I hooked up a converter box.

Some stations that went through with the transition on 2/17, like channel 18 in Milwaukee, changed frequencies at that time. Rescanning should have taken care of that though. Where are you located? You can try and see if this site gives you any additional info that could help.

I did try a converter box but that did not change anything. I live in Antigo. I talked to a few people around are house & they told me the stations are not at full signal yet. The stations are about 35 miles away & one is 45 miles away. I guess we have one in town but I do not receive that either however I don't know if they are operational yet. But I received the signal just fine on Feb 16th & before. It seems once they turned the analog signal off the problems started. It just seems strange that all the signals would not be at full strength once they turned the analog signal off. I still receive PBS in both in analog & digital.

Archived