Brewer Fanatic

2009-03-01 Brewers (Bush) at San Francisco (Lincecum): 2:05 CST [Brewers lose, 5-2]

GormanHarvey

Brewers
2B Rickie Weeks
LF Chris Duffy
SS J.J. Hardy
1B Scott Thorman
CF Mike Cameron
RF Trot Nixon
C Mike Rivera
3B Mike Lamb
RHP Dave Bush

The Brewers will be facing 2008 NL Cy Young winner Tim Lincecum, one of the top strikeout pitchers in all of ball.

Carlos Villanueva, Mitch Stetter, Omar Aguilar, Sam Narron and Joe Bateman were also on the list to pitch today.

edited title to change date to March 1st, unless everybody is playing some sick joke and I'm the only one not in on it.

Not that results or stats really matter today, but I find it interesting that the Brewers have had good success against Lincecum so far. Small sample size, for sure.. but interesting nonetheless.

Maybe he would rather just come pitch for the Brewers so he doesn't have them anymorehttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Didn't know where else to put this seeing there isn't a non-Brewers IGT, but anyone that's fiending for baseball like I have been and has Dish Network that lives in west-central WI - channel 251 (WPIX) is showing today's Astros at Mets game

The calender has turned to March and I'm gonna spend my afternoon listening to Uecker and Provus. Looking forward to hearing Bush make his first start. I have high expectations for him this season. Also I would say early here in camp the story is the red hot Scott Thorman.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

The calender has turned to March and I'm gonna spend my afternoon listening to Uecker and Provus. Looking forward to hearing Bush make his first start. I have high expectations for him this season. Also I would say early here in camp the story is the red hot Scott Thorman.
I'm excited about Bush too. It really seemed last year that after he went pack to pitching with the way he is comfortable with that he was a different guy. Much more on the attack and was one of our most consistent pitchers down the stretch (not to mention getting our only postseason win). Thorman has intrigued me as well (as I have aforementioned). I wonder how bad he would be defensively in the OF?

I just tuned in and swear I heard Bob say, "and Garciaparra stays in to play 2nd base". I'm guessing this isn't Nomar Garciaparra, right?
I'm still wondering what he was talking about. Obviously not Nomar, but I don't know that the Brewers even have a player by that name in the organization.

Yeah what was with Uecker and all the Koskie jokes/bashing?
I don't know - it was kind of weird. Apparently Ueck is not happy that Koskie was so fragile when he came to the Brewers and feels he didn't give full disclosure to the Brewers when they signed him. At least thats how it sounded to me

Hitters were off all day. JJ had the only really great hit of the day off the left field wall, would have been gone at many parks. Lincecum is lights out. Bush was good but off most of the 2 innings. Is there really any differnece in any 4th or 5th outfielder in MLB. Trot Nixon, Gabe Gross, Chris Duffy etc. These guys are who we thought they were and no one is crowning anything in these situations. Trot had looked poor though for the last 3 days. Pretty lame day all in all. Heres the pics

http://flickr.com/photos/7332217@N05/

Thanks again for all the pics. Really appreciate it, although they seem to make me even more anxious to leave for Maryvale on the 12th!

A few observations from the pics - Rickie looks even more muscular and is it just me,or does it look like Trot has a little bit of a boiler?

Archived