Brewer Fanatic

RIP Paul Harvey

JimH5

I couldn't believe it was him when I heard it on the morning drive to work on Wednesday. I had to take the alternate vehicle (the one that sits in the garage most of the year and needs to be jump-started due to lack of use) and the radio doesn't work to well. I scanned and that was the first thing that came on so I left it on. I knew it was him but his voice has changed recently as it didn't quite sound like him, if you know what I mean.

I'm kind of afraid to click on any links you guys provided for fear of a picture of the guy. I've never seen him so I don't know what he looks like. But I have my own image in my mind and I kind of don't want to ruin it.

And now HE knows . . . the REST of the story.

RIP

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'll never forget listening to him throughout grade school and junior high. Our bus driver would always have some AM station over the radio and every afternoon it was always Paul Harvey. Even as a younger kid I enjoyed the stories he would tell, and like Pitchleague already beat me to it, it was always nice to know the 'rest of the story'
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

I spent a summer with my grandparents when I was 10. At lunch time, we would do the cryptoquip and listen to Paul Harvey and "The Rest of the Story...". What a wonderful voice.

I agree, it's hard to believe he was only 90.

Archived