Brewer Fanatic

20 Game/Season Tickets

Tumpster84
...whenever I call my Account Rep and purchase tickets over the phone, I am made to feel like I am inconveniencing them because I'm not purchasing tickets online like everyone else. ... I just want to purchase seats in the location that I prefer, not what some automated computer system chooses.
The same thing happened to me, but my rep explained it to me this way. I was trying to get extra tickets the week before the general public could buy them and he basically told me that they weren't supposed to take phone orders because they wanted everyone to do it online. He said in recent years the orders became too much to handle via the phone and paper forms. Seems to have worked because I talked to him again and he said they sold a ton of more tickets this year then last. Was that the time period you were trying to get tickets?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I gotta say, I have never had this problem with my ticket rep. He has been absolutely awesome at getting my orders in whenever I call, even in the week prior to tickets being sold to the general public. Even when I missed a Cubs game I wanted because of the system issues he took my name down and found me 4 loge infield seats even though the game was technically "sold out". I won't mention his name because I'm not sure how much of this he was "supposed" to do, yet I have been impressed at how I was treated as a season seat holder. Just my experience.

I always call and order tickets to games I didn't plan on going to, instead of doing it online. You can get them to waive the fees if you do it on the phone, if you're a 20 game or more holder. It saves a few bucks per ticket. And my sales rep was the one who told me about that.

I got my tickets today along with a DVD they put into the package. I believe this is the slimmed down version of the DVD that they gave away. It has the final game of the year on it and highlights I'm guessing.

I have a hard time understanding how someone can complain about their "extra" opening day tickets.
You are completely missing my point.

I am upset because I thought I had decent seats and passed on the opportunities to get better/other seats through different methods. Now I find out that I have obstructed view seats in Racine County. Now I will have to pay a huge premium to get better opening day tickets.

I would actually have no problem with the Brewers not offering the "extra" opening day tickets. I was just unhappy to be offered them - and then get less than expected.

Just to add my experience.

I am on my 17th year of partial season package ownership.

So far, and even this year, I have go nothing but the best service from my several and current ticket reps.

They have been helpful, solved problems, found extra seats, etc. I hope they never cease to do so for the small time, non corporate fan. So far, so good.

I got my tickets today along with a DVD they put into the package. I believe this is the slimmed down version of the DVD that they gave away. It has the final game of the year on it and highlights I'm guessing.

It is the same dvd that was given away earlier in the offseason.

I just feel as though they did not deliver on the promised tickets in this case.
I guess I don't get this complaint. No where on the form did it guarantee your location. Also, all the tickets at the arctic tailgate were obstructed view, single seats, and standing room. Even the guys who set up on Wednesday got single seats. Plus the Brewers are offering you your money back if you don't want them. Is this a perfect situation? No, but I think the Brewers are making the best of an unfortunate situation. Why don't you sell the tickets you have to help pay for better seats? Seems like a reasonable way to go.

TheFizzo[/b]]whenever I call my Account Rep and purchase tickets over the phone, I am made to feel like I am inconveniencing them ...

I know my purchases are small beans compared to others, however, spending several hundred dollars is a big deal to me.

I have got the same feeling. They always seem to get it right and eventually help with my needs, but never make me feel like a valued customer anymore. Something to be said to be left with that warm and fuzzy feeling afterwards, especially since the SSH's are the ones that are there consistently and will be there if/when the novelty wears off again.

I am upset because I thought I had decent seats and passed on the opportunities to get better/other seats through different methods. Now I find out that I have obstructed view seats in Racine County. Now I will have to pay a huge premium to get better opening day tickets.

I would actually have no problem with the Brewers not offering the "extra" opening day tickets. I was just unhappy to be offered them - and then get less than expected.

You are totally right. The Brewers should do away with offering extra tickets for Opening Day because of a mistake you won't own up to. Its 1 game out of 81. If you can't be happy with the seats they gave you then send them back as suggested and I will be happy to take them as I know TONS of fans that wouldn't [expletive deleted] about any seat they could get for face value.

I was late on ordering my 20 pack so I was not able to order extra seats. I'm still not going to cry about it or ask why the general public gets access to these seats before I get my chance at 'extras'.

Not to mention the fact that the Season Ticket Holders are the ones who are buying these extras in addition to their seats and driving up the ticket prices and the reason you'll have to pay a 'huge' premium.

If you aren't going to be happy with your seats then trade them to someone straight up for SRO and a Metavante Club pass and get a table early.

(edit: language --1992)

I agree with everything you said, bluemoundlotallstar, except the part about ticket prices being driven up by Season Ticket Holders who buy extra tickets and then resell them. What drives up ticket prices in my mind is that there are people willing to PAY outrageous prices. If people weren't willing to pay that much, prices would come down. Also, if people hadn't been willing to pay that much in the first place (ie in past years), the season ticket holders likely would never have bought them in the first place.

Other than that, I completely agree. I have a hard time feeling sorry for any season ticket holder who is upset with the seat location they got for OD through the SSH presale. Success means high demand, which means games sell out faster, which means tickets at face value are harder to come by for the big games. If you're that upset about receiving "subpar" Opening Day tickets, then you have a couple options

1) Call and complain to your ticket rep. Do it without sounding too mean/aggressive, and depending on your past relationship as a SSH, maybe some of the extra OD tickets they still have reserved for late season ticket purchasers or other reasons may suddenly "open up." Doubtful, but who knows?

2) Sell these tickets for a premium then buy a better pair. I'm guessing your total net expenditure won't be that much more than if you had gotten the better seats at face right off the bat, if you plan it out well and know what you're doing.

3) Buy a full season or a different partial season plan next year.

Man, I'm really getting slapped around on this one.

I will simply explain it this way. To purchase two very mediocre terrace reserve seats to opening day will cost around $80 a ticket. (Ebay) For a total of $160 for two tickets.

I could have purchased two 9-game packs with good seats (and free opening day tickets) for a total of $250. So I could have attended 9 extra games (two seats) for only $5 a ticket.

I'm not upset about getting the shot at opening day tickets. I just wish there was a way to know what the ticket was going to be before other options had expired. I would have gladly bought an addition 9-pack.

(The Brewers really have to do a lot of delicate dancing because of some of their ticket promotions. For example, last year they gave away the vouchers for a free ticket to a 2009 game in "similar seats". However, they have no way of knowing how many people will exchange their voucher for tickets - and in the meantime the Brewers are selling tickets at a record pace. I know it is part of the business, but with the incredible demand for Brewer tickets already - I would imagine it makes it harder to fullfill all the other requests.)

temke--you just made my heart fludder a little. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

I would love to see my tickets come before we leave for Arizona on Tuesday morning. For one I love the rush when tickets come each season and for two I wouldn't have to worry about them sitting in my apartment mailbox for a week while I am gone.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Got my tickets today!! I can just feel the excitment level rising.

Question for other SSH's--in the renewal notice last fall it stated

"Pay in Full by Nov 17 and receive a thank-you gift:

*Full-season accounts

--Receive a $70 food and beverage credit for each seat held on your account.

*20-Game, 40-Game and Terrace Ticket Treat accounts

--receive 10 single-game Metavante Club passes for each seat held on your account"

I paid in full, mostly with my extra playoff money, by the Nov 17th deadline but didn't get any Metavante passes. Did any one get these with their tickets?

Just want to know before I call my ticket rep Monday to order parking passes, which I forgot to do when ordering tickets.

Blancofan1 wrote:

Question for other SSH's--in the renewal notice last fall it stated

"Pay in Full by Nov 17 and receive a thank-you gift:

*Full-season accounts

--Receive a $70 food and beverage credit for each seat held on your account.

*20-Game, 40-Game and Terrace Ticket Treat accounts

--receive 10 single-game Metavante Club passes for each seat held on your account"

i got my tickets today also, but no metavante passes. i am glad you mentioned it because i had forgotten.

EDIT: the pocket schedule has ryan braun fist pumping on the cover with the background being the celebration after the last game of the year.

jcrOnk--I am planning on calling my rep either tomorrow if he is there are Monday morning at the latest so I will post an update on here if I can find an answer to the Metavante passes.

hawing--West Allis for me, so they really didn't have very far to go.

Archived