Brewer Fanatic

mlb.tv

eanelson4

Not sure if there was already a thread with this or not, but I searched and couldn't find anything.

Anybody else excited to see it in full force this year?? I used it last year, and thought it was great. Here in MN I wouldn't be able to watch the Brewers games otherwise. I again got the premium package ($110 for the whole season). Looks like they added some awesome features like DVR capability, picture in picture (games and highlights), and a new feature where you can tile the screens and watch 4 games at once.

This tiling feature is my favorite. I have my comp hooked up to my 40" LCD, so I'll be tiling that and watching 4 games on the TV. For those who don't have the ability to watch Brewers games through cable TV and have $110 to throw down, I totally recommend it. It was sooo nice having it last year and it looks like these new features will make this service even better this year. They also have a cheaper one ($80 I believe) but you don't get all of the fancy features and you only get the lowest quality format, but it is still better than nothing.

I'm in.

This is my first year with this service, so we'll see. I've had MLB Extra Innings on Directv for several years, but I'm out of the country, and this now seems to be my best bet.

My only regret is that I didn't buy the bundle of MLB.tv plus ESPN Insider. I didn't realize ESPN Insider included video of BBTN, etc.

No I know blackout rules apply to me for the regular season, but what about this upcoming Spring Training game that's on mlb.tv but not on FSN or MLB Network; does anyone know if I could watch that?

Also, does anyone know if just a simple proxy server would allow me to get around blackout restrictions or not?

Thanks in advance

Tailgator - Not sure how blackout rules apply to ST games. I would assume it would be the same as regular season (if you are in the teams "home" area, you can't get it on mlb.tv).

As far as a proxy server, I haven't even thought of that yet. I can try it as soon as the Twins play a game on mlb.tv (I am in MPLS so they would be blacked out for me) and I'll let you know if that works or not.

I tried the Proxy server thing a couple of years ago. It was very hit or miss. Sometimes the proxy server would work, other times it would not. It required a lot of trial and error. My wife got so sick of watching me try to get the proxy server set up before every game that she basically ordered me to subscribe to FSN.

Thanks for the replies; and that would be great eanelson if you could try, it's definitely a service I would love having, but $110 for simply supplementing my Brewers baseball time might not be worth it.

OHP, that's sort of what I was expecting the answer to be. Mlb.tv makes it sounds like if there is any detection at all of a proxy being used, they'll simply block playback altogether.

Archived