Brewer Fanatic

2009-02-27 Brewers (Parra) at Oakland (Eveland): 2:05 CST [Brewers win, 8-5]

GormanHarvey

I was there. Trot Nixon does not look good at all. If you read between the lines Chris Duffy is ahead of him as Duffy plated the entire game and Trot did not.

It appears Duffy is going to be given every chance to with the 4th OF spot as he has played in both games.

I'm sorry, I did not pay attention to Lamb so I have no critique per se, nothing great and nothing bad..

Going to See the Angels in a couple hours @ Maryvale. 80 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. You should come down.

Mike

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess I'm surprised at the Escobar comment, as he followed up a near homerun two days ago (one Uecker still claims was gone), with a solid basehit again yesterday. His bat isn't his strong point, but with that said, he hasn't been all that bad with the bat so far in his limited Spring Training appearances.

You never know what will happen as far as making the 25 man. I remember being in the pro shop a few years back when Darron Sutton walked in, was talking to the people that work there while picking something up. He mentioned that Turnbow made the 25 man and everyone in the store stopped what they were doing and you feel the excitement of it. It was weird. There is a lot of time for someone to show their ability and steal a roster spot. I can see Duffy making it too but it's still February...

My thoughts on Escobar, since I have been at the last three games. I think he looks pretty good, though while he made a great play in the field, he also seemed to not look as smooth on the easy ones. Who knows, small sample, but he seemed like the kind of guy who had a flair for the tough plays instead of just getting everything. I kind of thought the piroette wasn't needed, but the range that he showed to get there was great. As for the near home run on Thursday, I was at that game and out in right center field. It was a ground rule double from my vantage point. Weeks missed a line drive today that most high schoolers would have caught. Trot Nixon looks past washed up. I will concur that Chase Wright looked nothing short of bad. I really hope he doesn't show up in Milwaukee this season.

I was at the Brewers/A's game as well. Sat in the front row in front of the Brewers Bullpen. I thought Swindle was just goofing around when he was throwing his "changeup" (actually looked like a curveball that you try to throw in your back yard when your a kid). That's actually one of his pitches?? We watched Chase Wright warm up, but left before he pitched in the game. Marcus Hanel was warming him up in the bullpen and was urging him to put something more on his fastball. He indicated that he was giving everything he had. It was an interesting exchange to watch and Wright looked like he was laboring as he warmed up (almost as if he was injured).

I was at the game today. It was a little concerning not knowing why Looper didn't start after seeing him warm up. Read TH's blog. Hope it turns out not to be anything too serious.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

It really wasnt serious at all. I was right next to him when it happened. ( I will post pic tomorrow of him warming up). He stopped in mid warm up and from the talk between him and castro they were just being more cautious than anything. Rotoherb really put what I siad in better context. Just couldnt find the words to say it.

Archived