Brewer Fanatic

2009-02-27 Brewers (Parra) at Oakland (Eveland): 2:05 CST [Brewers win, 8-5]

GormanHarvey

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am just going to state the opinion that I feel the new rules take a bit away from the IGTs. I really enjoy the short reactionary (often sarcastic) comments. I am guessing there is a good reason for the change in the rules, but I am a little disappointed. Just my opinion...

I'm actually going to have to agree with zzzman, those comments are what made the IGT's different from the standard threads. Sometimes I would just sit at home watching the game and refreshing the IGT just to see the hilarious comments.

GH, you didn't "muck up" anything. The edit shows because I added the tags. I probably could have mentioned the fact that I did it, but because edits on IGT leads have always been pretty routine, I didn't bother. Speaking of tags, "brewerwin" or "brewerloss" can't be added until the game is over anyway, so there's going to be a lead edit at one point or another regardless.

zzz, one of the mods received a PM in favor of the new rules, so I guess it's "to each his/her own." I think the key might be to provide some context to a post unless the context is already provided by other messages. On the mod end, we're still working our way through the new setup ourselves. Things will become clearer as time progresses.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

no worries, I know there are other IGTs that allow for the more random comments. If BF.net would prefer to keep their threads clean and informative, that's the choice of the Mods. I'm not going to get too upset over it.

Is anyone willing to do Play by Play? MLB.com is slacking.....

3rd:
Counsell: ground out to first
Lamb: ground out to 2nd
Escobar: strikes out swinging

Bot 3rd
DiFelice pitching:
Dillon: F8
Pennington: F7
Davis: HBP
Buck: single to left...Davis to 3rd
Holliday: 6-3

Top 4:
Kendall: F8 (deep Out)
Duffy: 3 unassisted
Hart: HBP
Fielder: F8

Bot 4:
Giambi: F9
Cust: F6
Suzuki: 5-3

After 4, 0-0

TOP 5:
Nixon: 4-3
McGehee: 4-3
Counsell: single to CF (1st hit)

Lamb: Grounds out.

Casey: I am listening to the game and providing my own stuff! You are safe!

Bot 5:
Aguilar Pitching
Crosby: funny spin chopper to third, Counsell can't make play...called a hit
Dillon: lines out to 1st and it's a dp...3 unassisted on the hit and run
Pennington: foul out to left...nice play by Nixon

Still 0-0

Top 6:
Escobar: Pop out
Kendall: 2B down LF line (Cutter Dykstra pinch runs)
Duffy: K
Hart: Single to CF...Dykstra scores
Fielder: (Hart steals second) K

1-0 Brewers

Bot 6:
Swindell Pitching
Davis: Triple to RCF
Donorfia: BB
Holliday: 5-4, throw gets away at 1st, run scores Holliday at 1st
Pinch Hitter for Giambi: GREAT CATCH AT THE WALL BY DUFFY
Cust: K

1-1 after 6

Top 7:
Nixon: K
Irabaren: 4-3
Counsell: 2B (Rottino PR)
Thorman: 2B...Rottino scores
Escobar: 1B...Thorman scores
Dykstra: (Escobar steals second)...2B...Escobar scores
Duffy: F8

4-1 Crew...Stretch it out!

BOT 7:
Narveson Pitching:
Powell: single to CF
Wibberly (sp?): single to LF
Dillon: F9
Cardenas: inf Single (Bases Loaded, 1 out)
Davis: F9...Powell scores
Donorfia: K

Crew 4-2 After 7

Top 8:
Salome: 6-3
Nelson: BB
Schaefer: (Nelson steals 2nd) single to right...Nelson scores
Irabaren: (Schaefer steals second)...INF single...Schaefer rounds 3rd to far and gets picked off
Rottino: (Irabaren steals second)...single to RF...Irabaren scores

GOT CALLED INTO BOSSES OFFICE...6-3 Brewers headed to the 9th!

Top 9:
Dykstra: Ground out
Duffy: 2B
Salome: 2 run HR!!! 410 Feet
Nelson: Single to CF
Schaefer: F7
Irabaren: 4-3

After 8.5 8-3 Crew

Bot 9:
Chen: single
Cardenas: Single
Copeland: single...rbi
Donorfia: 5-4 FC
Cunningham: SAC Fly F8
Bose: E5
Carter: P6

Crew wins 8-5...untuckem

Count me down as in favor of the old rules. I'm all for structure discussion, but lately the site has become a little too regimented...subtracting from the fun of viewing the forum.

This is still the best Brewers forum around, but it's become a little disheartening, to tell you the truth.

I will admit that I have never really browsed the IGT in season ... but if you guys are being disheartened by the rule changes... once the season starts just log in and join us all in the live chat during games. It's hilarious and almost always filled with informative and well-rounded fans. If you are watching the game by yourself, it makes it much more enjoyable... IMO

Thanks for the updates, bbaehman. The general recap format you're using (as suggested in the rules) is much more readable than "one play per post."

If you're getting this directly from another web site, could you provide a link? That covers our butts as far as citing sources, and it directs others to that site if they'd like to go there. If you're grabbing the recaps on your own from the broadcast, please disregard the request. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I usually end up reading the IGTs after the game is over. Some of my favorite parts are the 18 posts in a row saying "Braun for Pres!" when he hits a HR or "Weeks sucks!" whenever he commits an error. I usually do join the in game chat when I am on my computer, but that doesn't happen too often (at least it hasn't in the past).

I usually end up reading the IGTs after the game is over. Some of my favorite parts are the 18 posts in a row saying "Braun for Pres!" when he hits a HR or "Weeks sucks!" whenever he commits an error. I usually do join the in game chat when I am on my computer, but that doesn't happen too often (at least it hasn't in the past).

I agree...this is what I do...it is hilarious to go back and look at the thrill and agony!

I agree...this is what I do...it is hilarious to go back and look at the thrill and agony!
I'm a fan of the 'thrill' posts for sure...though I think there are ways to express agony other than outright insults of players.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The Oakland annoucers just mentioned that Cousell changed his batting stance. Any truth to this?
Ueck and Provus made reference to this on wed. Provus said he's not holding his bat as high over his head. Seems to drop a little each year over the past few. Maybe by the time he is 40 he will actually be a good hitterhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Archived