Brewer Fanatic

Thoughts on Cory Provus?

temke
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyone else think he sounds like Powell?
I had TMJ on in the background at work a month or so ago, when a pre-season game came on, and it took me a good 5-10 minutes of not listening intently to remember/realize that it wasn't JP.

As far as Provus goes, he is no Jim Powell or Pat Hughes, but I think he's just fine.

• 5 months later...
Thought I'd resurrect this thread at the end of Cory's 1st year. I thought he did a good job meshing with Uecker as the season wore on. He did a good job of keeping his Cubs affection down to a minimum. I liked how he got on Bradley with Uecker. He might need to find another word to use other than "cushion," but good job Cory! Anyone have thoughts or opinions on his work after this year?

After about the first month of the season I didn't really notice that it wasn't Jim Powell in the booth anymore. While I don't think you can really replace a talent like Mr. Powell, I thought Cory did a great job as the season got along. It seems like him and Uke have some good chemistry together, which is about all you can ask for.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I thought he did a nice job this year. He calls a solid game, plays a good Ed McMahon to Uke and does a decent job on the pre & post game shows. Overall a solid first year. I'd like some more pointed questions on some of the pre & post game shows, but they are team employees so I'm not counting on it. He does sound eerily like Jim Powell...that's not a bad thing either.

• 1 year later...
I was a little disapointed that Provus made a joke about having no clue who Hunter Morris was the other day. Was he being sarcastic or does he not know the minor league system at all. That was something I loved about Powell.

I was a little disapointed that Provus made a joke about having no clue who Hunter Morris was the other day. Was he being sarcastic or does he not know the minor league system at all. That was something I loved about Powell.
I admit I didn't hear this, but I'm guessing it was a joke.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived