Brewer Fanatic

This is why you are fat

TracyThom

"...first we pay for fast-food that will make us all fat and tired.

So then we pay for elevators, so we won't have to climb the three stairs up to our apartments.

Then we buy freaking Stairmaster™ machines so we can burn away while watching someone make real food on TV."

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

GREAT DANE'S BRAT & BACON PRETZEL BURGER

A one-third pound USDA choice ground beef patty and a one-quarter pound bratwurst patty grilled with caramelized onions and topped with applewood smoked bacon, sharp cheddar cheese, lettuce, pickles and tomatoes. Served on a pretzel roll with a side of Peck's Pilsner mustard.

That brat-burger reminds me of the Bella's Fat Cat "Cramp and Addler" burger they had as a special last year. I never got a chance to try it out though. I was told "you gotta try it once, so you never wanna try it again" (as in, it was delicious, but then you go into a coma and your night is finished)

Some of the stuff is pretty crazy, I would at least consider trying it. Some of it isn't really all that bad if it's split between a few people. The single burgers are pretty over the top. However, why on earth do burgers need to have chocolate on them, or bacon need to be covered in chocolate? The Happy Meal pizza might be attempted to some extent. French Fries on pizza is really good.

We got a pizza from shuttle the other day with gyro, french fries, feta, and peppercorn/parmisean sauce. It was the best! I need to figure out what would go best with Shuttle's hummus sauce before I go there next time.

When I worked at Patty Burger, we came up with the Patty Fatty, which had a buger, a chicken patty, a portabella mushroom, fried egg, sausage patty, ham, bacon, 4 cheeses (american, provolone, cheddar, swiss), fried onions and fried mushrooms. Your choice of bagel or regular bun. Unfortunately, none of us ever had the desire to make it.

Soon I will make a burger with grilled cheese sandwich buns. Though I don't think I'd go through the trouble of that without adding bacon, grilled onions, mushrooms and probably a fried egg to round things off.

There was a burger on the show "Man vs. Food" that fits into this topic. He was at a restaurant in Atlanta named Vortex and had a burger named the Double Bypass Burger. If I recall it consisted of a 1/2 pound patty, 3 fried eggs, 6 slices of bacon, 4 slices of cheese, and to top it off, instead of a normal bun, it was surrounded by 2 grilled-cheese sandwiches. If I ever get to Atlanta again I'm going to try to find this place!

I've got to be honest: some of those options did not look as bad as what I thought I would see from a blog based on fattening and outrageous food. I'd be interested in at least trying one of the items on that blog - also, I'm interested in the subsequent heart attack I would endure from trying one of the items on that blog.

Last month Taco Bell featured the Bacon Cheddar Gordita Crunch. It was amazing. My roommate and I were binging on it so badly that we had to limit ourselves to only eating it on Sundays. Of course that meant that we were each eating 4-5 on a given Sunday. The last day that they featured this glorious treat we decided to go big... We went to McDonalds and ordered Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese Value meals and then crammed the Bacon Cheddar Gordita Crunch in between the patties. I was originally worried about causing some kind of rip in the space time continuum due to the overwhelming deliciousness (and calorie content), but it turns out I should have been more worried about causing a rip in my stomach lining. We were both painfully sick.

We documented the momentous occasion fairly well. I'll try to post some pictures so that you know what you missed out on.

This last weekend we decided to deepfry a bunch of pepperjack cheese wrapped in bacon. It was glorious.

Yes, I am kind of fat.

DISCLAIMER:

From someone who works at Corporate McDonald's

The Big Mac-Chicken with Cheese... and the McGangBang will not be found on any McDonald's menu.
These are strictly the creation of someone attempting to actually have a heart attack.

Incidently, the McGangBang would be less caloric if you were to use the McDouble instead of the Double Cheeseburger - 1 less piece of cheese.

Last month Taco Bell featured the Bacon Cheddar Gordita Crunch. It was amazing. My roommate and I were binging on it so badly that we had to limit ourselves to only eating it on Sundays. Of course that meant that we were each eating 4-5 on a given Sunday. The last day that they featured this glorious treat we decided to go big... We went to McDonalds and ordered Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese Value meals and then crammed the Bacon Cheddar Gordita Crunch in between the patties. I was originally worried about causing some kind of rip in the space time continuum due to the overwhelming deliciousness (and calorie content), but it turns out I should have been more worried about causing a rip in my stomach lining. We were both painfully sick.

We documented the momentous occasion fairly well. I'll try to post some pictures so that you know what you missed out on.

This last weekend we decided to deepfry a bunch of pepperjack cheese wrapped in bacon. It was glorious.

Yes, I am kind of fat.

please tell me this entire post was supposed to be in blue.......

I am jealous. My wife has me on an "All Organic" diet. It is slowly growing on me but I sure wish I could splurge and go crazy every once in a while.

Right now my wife is doing a cleanse of Water, Honey, Lemon, and Cayenne Pepper. That is all she can eat for an entire week.

I should thank her though. In about 8 months I have gone from 275 to about 250 (I am well over 6 feet so I wasn't all that fat to begin with)

If I ever splurge it is almost always at Taco Bell, but strangely enough I never even heard of the Bacon Cheesy Gordita Crunch and there is no way I would even think about eating 5 in one day.

Archived