Brewer Fanatic

2009-02-25 Athletics (Outman) at Brewers (Suppan): 2:05 PM CST [Brewers tie, 3-3]

RobDeer 45

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To my knowledge, the Brewers have never played a game on my birthday before. So I'm excited today, too.

Plus it's our first opportunity to hear Cory P. call for the good guys. WTMJ is carrying today's game.

I even signed up for Gameday Audio (since stupid WIBA can't pre-empt its precious weekday talk shows to broadcast the Brewers today. This means there had better be something extremely important on 1070 this afternoon).

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Does it make me a bad parent if I fill them full of cold medicine before the first pitch so there is a better chance I'm not disturbed?
If Soup kills the Brewers' momentum by giving up a leadoff dinger (like he did in his last start, not that anyone here has forgotten), then maybe the OTC-drugged kids won't feel as bad about it?
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Happy Birthday Hawing.

I'm at home with two sick kids so I should be able to listen in.

Does it make me a bad parent if I fill them full of cold medicine before the first pitch so there is a better chance I'm not disturbed?

As a pharmacist, I'm obligated to say yes.

As a Brewers fanatic, I want to say no.

So I'm torn.

Let the overanalysis of meaningless exhibition games begin. I myself am anxious to see how all the relievers do as the ST season progresses. There's a lot to shake out there. Today we apparently get 3 of the competitors in Morlan, Coffey, and Julio.

Today, I am awash with relief and feel cleansed of a harsh, oppressive winter.

Snow may be visible outside my window, but the presence of competitive baseball is more powerful than the lasting cold.

Welcome to Spring Training.

Does anyone know if Gameday Audio carries a pregame show? Or does it just start in time for the first pitch?

I doubt there's any pregame. There's barely any pregame if you actually listen to the radio (1:50 on air time, 2:00 game time.)

Oakland A's

Travis Buck RF

Ryan Sweeney CF

Matt Holliday LF

Jason Giambi 1B

Kurt Suzuki C

Bobby Crosby SS

Jack Hannahan 3B

Eric Patterson 2B

Josh Outman P

Milwaukee Brewers

Rickie Weeks 2B

J.J. Hardy SS

Ryan Braun LF

Prince Fielder 1B

Corey Hart RF

Mike Cameron CF

Casey McGehee 3B

Jason Kendall C

Jeff Suppan RHP

Link

Do we know what our 3rd base situation is? Is it Hall's job to lose or will it be a straight platoon once he comes back?

Tom H just posted a blog entry about this. Basically Macha is going to give Hall a shot at being the everyday player.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/40294142.html

Man o man I wish today's game was on in Madison... Sigh..

Archived