Brewer Fanatic

Good sites to purchase Music

Patrick425
I'm not a frequent purchaser of online music. However, occasionally there is a song or two that I would like to download. Is Itunes the best site? What are some other sites that are good?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Digital Rights Management - basically stuff encoded into the music files that can make it only playable on certain devices, or only playable a certain number of times, or only playable by the person who downloads it, etc. Here's the wikipedia entry - generally it's better to have a file that is DRM free. If it's DRM free, you can do whatever you want with it. It'll work with any music-playing software that plays mp3s, you can own multiple copies of it, and on and on.

I mostly use iTunes, but have used eMusic in the past for more indie/obscure jazz stuff.

Soulseek is good, and it's free. Though I dunno if that's what you mean.

Otherwise, I was hoping this was a thread devoted to your favorite place to buy vinyl online (though cds are sold too). For anyone else with the same assumption my votes go to:

-Underground Medicine

-Green Noise Records

-No Idea Records (SUPER CHEAP!!!)

-Goner Records

These are the 4 I go to the most, as they distro their own stuff, and also have TONS of other labels. Most of which send you free stuff when you order a certain amount. It's mostly current punk/garage stuff, which I know most of you guys aren't into, but ya never know. All my favorite bands from the Bay Area, New York, Chattanooga, and Midwest can be found here.

I mainly use iTunes or just pick up CD's from local record stores, but eMusic is a really nice place to purchase indie/indie rock-type music. Their subscription prices are reasonable and often come with an added 50-100 free downloads on top of your first month's plan. Also, they allow you to cancel your subscription at any time, so you could conceivably download approximately 8+ albums-worth of music for a price as low as $15, and then keep or cancel your subscription based on your music needs.

Archived